Summer Workshops for high school students

alex c

I have been looking into some summer workshops i can take to improve my knowledge of filmmaking. I was nominated for the NJ Governors school (a school that u get a scholarship, where u study at a spacific department. I applied for the film department. Some other kid who made the worste movie Ive ever seen got in over me- go figure). Anyways, that aside, i need to find an alternative. I was looking at NYFA 4 week program, but its too much money ($5900). Then a took a look at the AMC 1 week, but u need to be over 18. Then i checked out NYU High school workshop, but its $5200+. I dont know any others. Im want to take a peek at usc's summer stuff, but their website doesnt work for some reason.

Does anyone know any helpful alternatives. (Note: it can only be summer. No weekend workshops during school because i have sports)

Thanks buds

==============================
Alex Conway
Mind-Trip Films

alex c

I have been looking into some summer workshops i can take to improve my knowledge of filmmaking. I was nominated for the NJ Governors school (a school that u get a scholarship, where u study at a spacific department. I applied for the film department. Some other kid who made the worste movie Ive ever seen got in over me- go figure). Anyways, that aside, i need to find an alternative. I was looking at NYFA 4 week program, but its too much money ($5900). Then a took a look at the AMC 1 week, but u need to be over 18. Then i checked out NYU High school workshop, but its $5200+. I dont know any others. Im want to take a peek at usc's summer stuff, but their website doesnt work for some reason.

Does anyone know any helpful alternatives. (Note: it can only be summer. No weekend workshops during school because i have sports)

Thanks buds

==============================
Alex Conway
Mind-Trip Films

wild_pikey

There's also NYSSSA, the New York State Summer School for the Arts. Deadline for applications is coming up pretty soon, but it's a great program. A full month with at Cazenovia College up near Syracuse, you can apply for film, video, or visual (computer) arts. Really cool time.

In the name of all that is good and holy, GIVE ME THAT ROOT BEER!

Northwestern's got a good summer film program for incoming freshman. I went last summer it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. You meet some great people, learn a lot of valuable info & have a ton of fun...

Rachel

School of Visual Arts in NYC has a high school summer program. The film course is an intensive 16 mm workshop. It is the most reasonable course, around $1700 for 4 weeks, since they are trying to promote the undergraduate school. I am currently taking a class there and its incredible. I highly recommend it.

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• SUNY Purchase - Playwriting & Screenwriting BA
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Quality Program
    I want to start off by mentioning that I came to Purchase as a transfer student from another liberal arts college and screenwriting program. This...
    • AlcB
  • Columbia College Chicago - Cinema Art + Science (B.A. & B.F.A.)
    3.00 star(s)
    Good undergrad craft school
    I'd like to preface this by saying I graduated a while ago. It's possible that the school has changed significantly since then so take what I say...
    • Anonymous
  • American University - School of Communication (B.A.)
    1.00 star(s)
    Very Unhappy with the Film Program
    I apologize for the very long post, but I have a lot of things to say about the Film and Media Arts department at AU. I am EXTREMELY unhappy...
    • Anonymous
  • LMU - Film & Television Production (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent choice for a well-rounded film education experience
    LMU's Film and Television Production MFA program is a great choice for students who want a well-rounded film education. You are able to make both...
    • A248
  • USC Cinematic Arts - Film and Television Production (MFA)
    2.00 star(s)
    Great Marketing, Subpar Reality
    I'm writing this review because there wasn't a lot of clear info when I was applying so I hope that this can offer some clarification beyond the...
    • Anonymous