Supporting Membership rates increased 7/15/2021 (1 Viewer)

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
It's been just over two years since 7/1/19 when we switched from having advertising on the site (that didn't pay the site well anyways) to a fully Supporting Membership model with ZERO advertising.

It's been wildly successful.... Allowing the site to hire writers and developers for new features which have led to the busiest year for the site in a long time. And all without any advertising!!! :)

The articles and new features made possible by Supporting Memberships have been a big part of that growth as they have allowed members to find the site earlier in the application process as well as make the site immensely more useful and helpful once they are members.

That being said... the current prices for Supporting Memberships are super low and not enough to fully support the costs of running the site or make possible the kind of growth in terms of articles and developers we want to do in the future. Personally I currently invest $$$ of my own money into the site each month and every $ from Supporting Memberships goes back into the site at this time.

So we need to raise our rates... and additionally we've made the hard decision to switch to a subscription model for regular Supporting Members.

BUT don't worry the new rates are still VERY AFFORDABLE and super EASY TO CANCEL if you decide it's not worth it anymore. But I hope you'll find it worth it.

Switching to a subscription model for regular Supporting Members wasn't an easy decision to make and I was originally against it but now I think it will be much better for the site and for you as having more predictable income will allow the site to create even more wonderful and helpful content for you. We've got a ton of great interviews with admissions departments and current film students and other filmmaking articles lined up and new features that you're going to love but all this costs $$$. Paid memberships are the best way to achieve that without advertising or debt. We can't really do independent interviews and articles about film programs while also asking for advertising from them. Member supported without advertising is definitely the best way to go.

The new rates will go into effect one week from today on 7/15/21.

We've decided to drop the $3 one month option and do the following:
  • Supporter (Quarterly) - $10 per 3 months subscription ($3.33/month)
  • Supporter (Annual) - $20 per year subscription ($1.66/month)
  • Supporter+ (Lifetime) -$50 Permanent Membership (no subscription)
Subscriptions can be easily cancelled at any time on your Account Upgrades page.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

I'm the meantime you can take advantage of the current non-subscription Supporting Membership prices and even lock in the current Supporter+ Lifetime rates. Although it's probably obvious, I want to reiterate that members who become Lifetime Supporter+ members before 7/15/21 will not be affected by this pricing change as their accounts will permanently have the Supporting Membership features.

I appreciate all of our Supporting & Lifetime Supporting Members IMMENSELY and without you this site would NOT be possible!

Last edited:

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Supporting Membership prices will increase TONIGHT at midnight PST. Lock in the current low Supporter+ non-subscription rate by becoming a Supporter+ for only $20. Our Supporting Memberships are what makes FilmSchool.org possible. We appreciate your support. Thank you!

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Subscription Rates have now been increased. We've decided to drop the $3 one month option and do the following:
  • Supporter (Quarterly) - $10 per 3 months subscription ($3.33/month)
  • Supporter (Annual) - $20 per year subscription ($1.66/month)
  • Supporter+ (Lifetime) -$50 Permanent Membership (no subscription)
Subscriptions can be easily cancelled at any time on your Account Upgrades page.

Thank you so much to our Supporting Members! You are literally what makes this site possible. 🙏🙏👍👍☺️☺️

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Student Films Made at Film Programs

A248
Views
Reaction score
One man's mission to document and preserve the history and pop culture of the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. Tommy Gelinas was born and raised in the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. He grew up visiting restaurants, malls, and many other venues that slowly declined and...
Film Program
Loyola Marymount University
Course
PROD 600
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Documentary
Duration/Running Time
13:52
Film Completion
Dec 1, 2020
Colella612
Updated
3.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reaction score
Reviews
Questions
After the light bulb on her film projector burns out, an elderly woman must confront a nightmarish world as well as the trauma of her past as she seeks to find a replacement before her memories are lost forever.
Film Program
Course
Directing Short Film II: Visual Story
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Drama
Duration/Running Time
5:58
Film Completion
May 3, 2021
A248
Views
Reaction score
An exploration of the history and modern day importance of postcards.
Film Program
Course
PROD 670
Film Type
Thesis Film
Genre
Documentary
Duration/Running Time
17:31
Film Completion
May 1, 2021

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications