The New Guy

Deondra Edwards

What's good everyone, I'm Deondra Edwards from St. Louis, MO. I'll be graduating this May from Virginia State University and I was recently denied acceptance drom USC Television and Production program. I wanted to know from the people who applied there and was denied the first time but was accepted the second time around, what did you change/add to your application to make it that much better? I don't know where to strengthen my application for this coming Spring 2016 semester...

Point Break

Hey @Deondra Edwards

Someone posted their journey a few years back on this forum and I found it quite useful when I applied. If you scroll all the way to the bottom he lists a few things that he changed and improved on.

Sorry you didn't get in this time, but hopefully this helps if you decide to reapply or even pursue film independently.

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• SUNY Purchase - Playwriting & Screenwriting BA
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Quality Program
    I want to start off by mentioning that I came to Purchase as a transfer student from another liberal arts college and screenwriting program. This...
    • AlcB
  • Columbia College Chicago - Cinema Art + Science (B.A. & B.F.A.)
    3.00 star(s)
    Good undergrad craft school
    I'd like to preface this by saying I graduated a while ago. It's possible that the school has changed significantly since then so take what I say...
    • Anonymous
  • American University - School of Communication (B.A.)
    1.00 star(s)
    Very Unhappy with the Film Program
    I apologize for the very long post, but I have a lot of things to say about the Film and Media Arts department at AU. I am EXTREMELY unhappy...
    • Anonymous
  • LMU - Film & Television Production (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent choice for a well-rounded film education experience
    LMU's Film and Television Production MFA program is a great choice for students who want a well-rounded film education. You are able to make both...
    • A248
  • USC Cinematic Arts - Film and Television Production (MFA)
    2.00 star(s)
    Great Marketing, Subpar Reality
    I'm writing this review because there wasn't a lot of clear info when I was applying so I hope that this can offer some clarification beyond the...
    • Anonymous