The New York Film Academy.... THIS SUMMER!

Drew Johnton

Hi there.... This summer I am attending the New York FIlm Academy down at MGM studios in Disney World, I leave for it June 22nd (Its the 6 week program)....

I am posting because I was wondering if anyone from here was attending this summer.... It would be cool to know someone that was...

OR... has anyone already attending the NYFA down in MGM studios?? I'm am very curious to ehar you opinions on how it was... I know some of you probably attended it elsewhere... but i am asking for opinions on the MGM studios program...

Thanks.

Hi there.... This summer I am attending the New York FIlm Academy down at MGM studios in Disney World, I leave for it June 22nd (Its the 6 week program)....

I am posting because I was wondering if anyone from here was attending this summer.... It would be cool to know someone that was...

OR... has anyone already attending the NYFA down in MGM studios?? I'm am very curious to ehar you opinions on how it was... I know some of you probably attended it elsewhere... but i am asking for opinions on the MGM studios program...

Thanks.

Man I wish I could afford that!! Have fun and make some magic happen.

If you don't look I'll force you to _=_

I don't mean to sound like a dick going off topic and all, but the New York Film Academy is in Florida??

fc45da73.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kyuzo:
I don't mean to sound like a dick going off topic and all, but the New York Film Academy is in Florida??
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was thinking the same thing. As far as theme parks go I thought the New York Film Academy only had a location in Universal Studios, Hollywood.

The NYFA has many, many programs all over the world. Check it out here: NYFA Home Page

The programs in New York City, Hollywood, and London operate year round.

Other locations offer programs but all programs may not be available or offered year round. These include: Harvard University; Princeton University; Paris, France; Florence, Italy; Australia; Rhode Island; MGM Studios, Florida; and Chicago.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by photostar2000:
The NYFA has many, many programs all over the world. Check it out here: http://www.nyfa.com/

The programs in New York City, Hollywood, and London operate year round.

Other locations offer programs but all programs may not be available or offered year round. These include: Harvard University; Princeton University; Paris, France; Florence, Italy; Australia; Rhode Island; MGM Studios, Florida; and Chicago.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wow. I never realized they had so many locations. Thanks for the info.

I went to the NYFA in the summer of 1999 when they held it at UCLA -- and I am not only convinced that it got me into USC's film program, but it is still the greatest experience of my life. It was incredible -- and I'm still friends with the people I met there -- many of which are here at USC. I don't know what it's like at MGM, but out here, it was a blast and it's the most intensive filmmaking experience I've ever gone through -- but it was tons o' fun.

This one time at Film camp... ;)

TACO WAGON PRODUCTIONS©

"Violence in Movies? It's much more interresting to see a car exploding, than to see it parking" -Quentin Tarantino

Last edited by a moderator:
Alson... I'm glad to hear you liked it so much.... honestly I didn't know what to expect because I've only heard the biased opinion of the people that work there...

Do you really think that got you into USCs film school? You really feel that way? beause i honestly think it wasn't going to have much of an inpact on my college... but if can honestly say that you think it helped then tha maks e feel very good...

I am going to be applying to colleges soon... If you don't mind me asking (this is very rude I'm sorry)... but what were your SAT scores? and your grade point average?

if you don't want to answer that i understand...

Well... Your comments make me even more xcited for June 22... I can't wait... I already have an idea for a film... but as I udnertsand it... you make 4-6 films while your down there.

Drew Johnton, my SAT's were around 1300 and my GPA was 3.895. I did well in high school and had tons of activities and recomendations -- but the NYFA helped get me into film school because it showed people that I was serious about filmmaking and that I had experience on film, not just video, which is always a plus. And when you make 3 of your own shorts on 16mm in one month and work on around 7-10 others -- all when you're 16 years old -- it's impressive. People know that even though you're young, you do have experience working in a medium that most people don't get to work in until they are Juniors in college (Here) and that automatically gives what you say a sense of validity.

Yea... my grade point average is about the same as yours but my SAT scores or not nearly as good... but I still have time... It would be great to be accepted to a USC caliber school

SAT's, havent seen a more stupid test in the whole world. I am still curious WHY everyone in the USA is so fixed on it. It shows nothing about your intelligence, just about how good you are in cracking the test.

I can't tell you how much i agree.... I agree 200%... the SATs SUCK and if I was president I would ban them... ETS (the people who make them ) are evil....

I could go on all day... but i won't...

OooOoooOOOoooo!!!! I LUV SATs!!!!!! I LOVE HAVING BLOCK SCHEDULES OF CLASSES WHERE THE EXTEND AN EXTRA TWENTY MINUTES!!!!! OoooOOooo!! I LUV WHEN YOU GET THE RESULTS IN THE MAIL WITH A FAT STAMP ON IT THAT READS, "MORON!" AND YOUR PARENTS START ASKING YOU QUESTIONS!!! I LUV THAT!!!!!!

OooOoooooOO!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

TACO WAGON PRODUCTIONS©

"Violence in Movies? It's much more interresting to see a car exploding, than to see it parking" -Quentin Tarantino

Ugh, this crap about CA being the stupidest state is real bull****. I bet that if you seperate Southern CA from Northern then we'd all see we're normal, it's just the illegals that are messing up the statistics.

fc47194e.jpg

I love school :)

TACO WAGON PRODUCTIONS©

Do you enjoy masticating with hot girls?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Drew Johnton:
I can't tell you how much i agree.... I agree 200%... the SATs SUCK and if I was president I would ban them... ETS (the people who make them ) are evil....

I could go on all day... but i won't...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I vote for you! lol

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back