Film & TV Discussions The Stand CBS all access (1 Viewer)

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Ok The Stand is out on CBS all access.

Love the book. Last attempt at putting it on film was meh. Would like to see this one.

Mad that I'd have to pay for ANOTHER streaming service to watch it.

"Plans start at $5.99 a month for a version that includes commercials. If that’s not your speed you can always upgrade to the $9.99 a month commercial-free option."

6 bucks with ads? Come on. I think I'll wait until February and binge with their one week free.

Unless it's AMAZING but I have my doubts.

Who is going to sign up for this service? Sounds ridiculous. $5.99 with ads. Geesh.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Ok I bit the bullet and watched it tonight.

Interesting that the whole episode was basically from Harold's POV with a dash of Stu. I didn't expect that.

Also interesting that they jumped around in time to boulder and back and forth.

Definitely better so far than the old miniseries.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
I've now watched the second one. I really like how they're staying relatively accurate in spirit and events to the book. The gender swap confused me in terms of who the person was but I don't mind it. Could make it better in fact.

imenergetic

Supporter
I've been waiting in general for shows to build up on there so that I can go for a month or two and binge everything then delete the account. That's what I usually do with the rest of my streaming account- although Hulu got me with a $2.99 per month special, and I'm addicted to Disney+ shows so I've kept it to watch as they come out.

I've really been wanting to watch the latest ST:DISCO season as well as the Stand, so looks like I might have to rearrange my budget.

hugofaraco

I bet someone discovered Survivor on Netflix over the holiday break and then signed up for CBS All Access to watch the other seasons.
No? Ops, it was me 🤷‍♂️ haha! I signed up for a month and canceled. The commercial version sucks. I kept watching the same commercials over and over.

imenergetic

Supporter
Oh my gosh! Thank you for reminding me why I didn't renew in the first place. Not only were they the same 2 commercials over and over again, but the entire thing would freeze during a commercial and I'd have to either restart or hope it'd work again a different day! I was like... okay I'm still paying money guys! Why is my show freezing!

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Finally finished The Stand and promptly cancelled the subscription.

I though the last episode really stunk balls. Super disappointing. The Stu and Tom journey was one of my favorite parts of the book and they didn't even have it. And the new moments with Stu and Frannie were lame. Rereading the book now. So much better.

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Student Films Made at Film Programs

Colella612
3.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reaction score
Reviews
Questions
After the light bulb on her film projector burns out, an elderly woman must confront a nightmarish world as well as the trauma of her past as she seeks to find a replacement before her memories are lost forever.
Film Program
Loyola Marymount University
Course
Directing Short Film II: Visual Story
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Drama
Duration/Running Time
5:58
Film Completion
May 3, 2021
A248
Views
Reaction score
An artist invites an especially harsh critic to her studio for an exclusive preview of her latest work.
Film Program
Course
PROD 550
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Horror
Duration/Running Time
6:01
Film Completion
May 1, 2019
A248
Views
Reaction score
In the midst of a global pandemic, a very paranoid vampire orders contactless food delivery.
Film Program
Course
PROD 685
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Comedy
Duration/Running Time
1:24
Film Completion
Aug 1, 2020

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications