NYU Tisch MFA Students & Alumni

Tisch MFA dramatic writing Experience?

Hello! I’m a recent admit to the MFA dramatic writing program and I wondered if anybody from last year attending could talk a little bit about their first year?

Cdemon

Hey! I didn’t end up going, but I just posted this with the group of people I met that do attend. Hopefully some of them will login or sign up and give you some info. :)

Have you decided where you will end up in the fall?
Yeah, I ended up going with USC. It was a really hard decision but since NYU’s got such a focus on playwriting while USC’s specific focus on TV and film fits more for me, I had to go with USC. I did visit NYU’s campus though and it’s a great program! Really great faculty.

mm70

Supporting Member
Yeah, I ended up going with USC. It was a really hard decision but since NYU’s got such a focus on playwriting while USC’s specific focus on TV and film fits more for me, I had to go with USC. I did visit NYU’s campus though and it’s a great program! Really great faculty.
And, out of curiosity, why didn't you consider AFI? I am between the two, and I would love to hear your input.

And, out of curiosity, why didn't you consider AFI? I am between the two, and I would love to hear your input.
I wasn't very familiar with AFI when I started applying. In retrospect, I think I probably should have applied there, but I'm glad I ended up with USC. That being said, I've only heard good things about AFI.

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
An AMA for NYU was posted today - but for regular filmmaking program:

Could still be helpful to ask questions in though.

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos:

Latest Applications

Latest reviews