Tracking application status (Google Sheets)

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
I had to request it earlier today. I wonder if the settings for how the docs function as a whole was changed? I know google has been changing some permissions with docs and drive.
Fixed it! (I think) :)

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
A new version of the site has launched and one of the great new features is that Application Tracking is now built into the site. In previous years our wonderful users created Google Spreadsheets for the tracking and they were quite helpful. The new built in Application Tracking has some awesome new features that are just not possible with the Google sheets:
  • The ability to "watch" a Category (Fall 2019, etc...) and be instantly notified when a new Application is submitted.
  • The ability to "watch" an individual Application and be instantly notified when it is updated with new information such as interview dates or decisions.
  • The ability to reply and ask questions about an individual Application.
  • The ability to OPTIONALLY embed MUCH more material with an application such as essays, video links, etc. This will be hidden to the internet and Google so only site members can see it.
  • And maybe most importantly no random internet user can mess up the entire Spreadsheet anymore. :) This should make a lot of people happy.
I hope everyone enjoys it and finds the new feature useful. If you have a suggestion on how to make it better please let me know. If you've added your application to this year's spreadhseet please add it to the new tracking system here.

Most of the 1400+ old applications from the tracker have been added to the Application Tracker! :)

Search through them using Advanced Search

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
I'm happy to report that ALL OF THE 1,420 OLD APPLICATIONS from the Google Sheets from 2015-2018 have been imported into the new built in application tracker. HUGE THANK YOU to @Julie Lew and @Septopus7 for helping to import the old data. Very much appreciated! :)

Application Tracker

Add your application to the tracker for this application season as soon as you can. It's how we're able to calculate all the awesome and HELPFUL data on the site and in this article here:

Film School MFA Acceptance Rates, Minimum GPAs, Decision Dates, and more...

WriterK90

Supporting Member
Awesome!!!

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
Already have more applications added than the first year we started tracking. Let's beat the all time record!

Wish more Undergraduates would add theirs as well... Hmmm how to get high schoolers to learn about the site?

WriterK90

Supporting Member
Already have more applications added than the first year we started tracking. Let's beat the all time record!

Wish more Undergraduates would add theirs as well... Hmmm how to get high schoolers to learn about the site?
They may be all on the collegeconfidential site... Or their parents are. That place is a nightmare but the highschoolers seem to care more about grades and extracurriculars, which I guess is still important for film school when it's undergrad? I just know I tend to see them all on there along with a lot of really opinionated parents. lol

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
They may be all on the collegeconfidential site... Or their parents are. That place is a nightmare but the highschoolers seem to care more about grades and extracurriculars, which I guess is still important for film school when it's undergrad? I just know I tend to see them all on there along with a lot of really opinionated parents. lol
Maybe high school students aren't big Forum users?

Kira

MFA TV Writer @UCLA
Ha! I remember using college confidential. I was one of those kids that wanted to self study AP tests and do everything (I guess that still shows).

My brother is only two years younger than I am and a senior in college. I don't think he uses forums at all (maybe reddit?) and uses Instagram to message rather than FB. I don't think he really ever browsed forums ever, but I did a lot in middle / high school. I feel so old!

Latest Applications

Latest reviews