1. The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered.
  2. Did you go to film school for undergrad? Please review the school on our Film School review system. (You can review anonymously)
    Dismiss Notice

U of Miami: MFA in Motion Pictures

Discussion in 'Graduate Film School Discussions' started by Operator, Oct 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Operator

Operator Active Member

Ratings:
    +110
    I was accepted to this school last year, but turned it down because I thought I had a job lined up in Los Angeles. That fell through, so I'm reapplying again this year.

2. Nacho

Nacho Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I wonder if we are going to hear anything soon. The notifications on past spreadsheets are kinda all over the place. Congrats on Chapman, @Operator

• Like Like x 1
  3. Operator

Operator Active Member

Ratings:
    +110
    Thanks...I was accepted to Miami last year...just so you know the deposit is $500. I couldn't afford it so I had to decline the offer. Glad that happened though, because now I can go to Chapman!

4. Operator

Operator Active Member

Ratings:
    +110
    Did you get a notification yet?

5. Nacho

Nacho Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Yeah, they sent out an email with a scanned copy of the acceptance letter as a file attachment last Thursday.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. ngs091

ngs091 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I actually got accepted back on February 9th for screenwriting. I was quite happy to have the offer that also included an assistantship award for my 2nd and 3rd year there (which includes a good size stipend for assistant teaching) and that also included a quite large chunk off of my tuition for those years. I certainly want to go there, but I have 4 of the 6 schools left that I applied at to hear back from. I just want to know what my options are.

#6 ngs091, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  7. Operator

Operator Active Member

Ratings:
    +110
    Just got the acceptance email. Now I have a lot of decisions to make.

8. Operator

Operator Active Member

Ratings:
    +110
    And they're not offering me any GA positions or scholarships. Declined.