UCLA Directing/Production Fall 2019

kreativesoul

Hey guys!
I didn't see a thread for this so I decided to start one. Did any one else apply? And if so where else did you apply additionally.

skimoak

I did. I live in LA and prefer to stay in this area so I applied only to UCLA. I know I'm making the classic mistake of putting all my eggs in one basket....but you know those application fees really add up!
@kreativesoul
Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 2.25.48 AM.png
Did you get interviewed by UCLA already?

kreativesoul

Hey! I got an interview from AFI but still radio silence from UCLA. I know Screenwriting applicants from UCLA have started getting interview requests so I hope we're next. Also the fees definitely add up. I got a waiver for Chapman and Loyola.

kreativesoul

@zokage_ I was just reading through the Stark thread and I don't think anyone has been notified yet.

kreativesoul

Which is your first choice? Or are you indifferent? @zokage_

kreativesoul

Nothing wrong with being decisive and knowing what you want. I originally had intentions of only applying to UCLA. @skimoak

d890

Hey! I got an interview from AFI but still radio silence from UCLA. I know Screenwriting applicants from UCLA have started getting interview requests so I hope we're next. Also the fees definitely add up. I got a waiver for Chapman and Loyola.
Hey! Same here, reg. AFI. Do you know if UCLA sends invites for interviews throughout Jan? Or is it safe to assume no news is bad news? :(
Thanks!

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
Hey! Same here, reg. AFI. Do you know if UCLA sends invites for interviews throughout Jan? Or is it safe to assume no news is bad news? :(
Thanks!
According to the data from past applications the earliest notification date for directing is January 30. It's the screenwriting ones that go out earlier.

Film School MFA Acceptance Rates, Minimum GPAs, Decision Dates, and more...

UCLA - Directing/Film Production
  • FilmSchool.org Acceptance Rate: 22.06% (15 out of 68 applications)
  • Lowest Reported Minimum GPA: 3.4
  • Earliest Interview Notification Date: January 30
  • Earliest Interview Date: February 20
  • Earliest Decision Date: March 5

kreativesoul

Has anyone heard anything yet? I’m getting antsy over here

kreativesoul

Nope🙃🙃🙃🙃

kreativesoul

Congrats!!!!!

Anyone else interview? I was on the fence about UCLA but now I’m really falling in love with the program, ooof. I think mine went well, they started with “tell my about yourself” which I was somehow completely unprepared for 😂 but otherwise I feel good about it.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Cal State Northridge (CSUN) - MFA in Screenwriting Program
    3.00 star(s)
    I was accepted to the CSUN MFA program in 2018 and took part in in for a full year; however, I recently decided not to go back and complete the...
    • Anonymous
  • Savannah College of Art and Design (MFA)
    1.00 star(s)
    The school is a complete honeypot, department head Donald.W Moffett has limited film production experience and has not idea how to properly guide...
    • Anonymous
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Emerson opened a lot of doors for me, so I can't dismiss that fact. However, I don't think it was necessary for me to go to Emerson as opposed to...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Kanbar Institute of Film and Television (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    Currently in my third year of my MFA at NYU Tisch Grad Film (writing/directing). I cannot praise this program enough! It exceeded any expectation...
    • Anonymous
  • National Film and Television School (NFTS)
    5.00 star(s)
    I'm currently in my first year of a 2 year MA at the NFTS. I saw these relatively negative reviews about the NFTS before I applied, but I can now...
    • VDW