UCLA Directing/Production Fall 2019

Does anyone happen to know what the deadline is for deposits, etc? For those who are admitted

The deadline is April 15 though I'm sure if you are on a waitlist, they'll definitely give you more time for people who decline their acceptance. It seems as if they have a blind waitlist...I'm going to decline my acceptance either today or tomorrow so hopefully one of you can have my spot!

There hasn't been a private UCLA student group created yet if anyone wants to take the initiative to create one:

Last edited:
I called the department admissions office Wednesday and was told that not all admits have been notified and that all admissions decisions would be going out "shortly". I presumed "shortly" meant we'd have found out in the last couple of days, but I've heard nothing since that call. I've been answering every unlisted telemarketing phone call like a desperate ding-a-ling ?

I called the department admissions office Wednesday and was told that not all admits have been notified and that all admissions decisions would be going out "shortly". I presumed "shortly" meant we'd have found out in the last couple of days, but I've heard nothing since that call. I've been answering every unlisted telemarketing phone call like a desperate ding-a-ling ?

I understand the feeling...I really do.

But, so what? It means nothing! We’re still talented filmmakers, and we’re always creating something : )

Woooooowwwww, they really want to kill me lmaooo.

I received the email/Acceptd message that I was waitlisted around 11am PST today. (My app status still shows as there being no decision made yet, though)

Does anyone happen to know what the deadline is for deposits, etc? For those who are admitted

I'm admitted to UCLA and the process is a bit tricky.. I got the good news from TFT school on March 27, saying the formal admission letter is pending on the University's Graduate Division. Meanwhile I had to respond to the TFT school by April 15 about my decision. I replied immediately saying I would love to.

But the formal admission letter from the University didn't arrive until today (April 18), 3 weeks after the decision notification from the school. I logged in and officially accepted the admission just now, and NO deposit was required.

One thing to take is that the university graduate division's process is very slow. Hope my info helps. Good luck!

Another tip is that there's no use to check the appstatus webpage.. It remained 'no decision' until the formal admission letter sent out by the Graduate Division, 3 weeks after the school gave me notification.

So it's always a message on getacceptd.com first. no point to check appstatus

Well I wasn't expecting this, but this morning I received a call around 8:30a that I was taken off the waitlist and admitted into the Directing program! I send my sincerest wishes of luck to any remaining waitlisted applicants--there may be hope yet.
Congratulations!! That's awesome! :) Just curious.. since it seems like notifications for the program have been coming out so sporadically throughout the whole process.. were you told you were on the waitlist before the call? (if yes, can I ask how long ago you were told you were on the waitlist?) Congrats again and I wish you the best in the program!!

Congratulations!! That's awesome! :) Just curious.. since it seems like notifications for the program have been coming out so sporadically throughout the whole process.. were you told you were on the waitlist before the call? (if yes, can I ask how long ago you were told you were on the waitlist?) Congrats again and I wish you the best in the program!!
Thank you @Isabehl I appreciate it! I received an Acceptd message via email around 8pm on 4/15 saying I was waitlisted.

Thank you @Isabehl I appreciate it! I received an Acceptd message via email around 8pm on 4/15 saying I was waitlisted.
Thanks so much for the info! I think I received the message around 11am the next day.. I'm sure there are plenty ahead of me, but hey, that's still pretty close! Haha

Thanks so much for the info! I think I received the message around 11am the next day.. I'm sure there are plenty ahead of me, but hey, that's still pretty close! Haha

Yeah no problem! I really hope you hear good news soon. The waitlist pool must be pretty small especially since the final cohort size is typically 18 at most, so hopefully you aren’t behind many others if anyone else at all. Good luck!

Yeah no problem! I really hope you hear good news soon. The waitlist pool must be pretty small especially since the final cohort size is typically 18 at most, so hopefully you aren’t behind many others if anyone else at all. Good luck!
Thank you! :)

To those that applied last year.... Be sure to update your application in the Film School Application database with as much info as you can.

See this example application to see how you can fully utilize the system:

The more data the better to help future applicants. Thank you! ?

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back