UCLA Film School Acceptance Rate & Minimum GPA

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
According to data from our Application Tracker the reported acceptance rate and minimum GPAs for UCLA TFT (School of Theater, Film and Television) are the following:

UCLA - Directing/Film Production
  • FilmSchool.org UCLA Acceptance Rate: 26% (23 out of 90 applications)
  • Lowest Reported Minimum GPA: 3.27
  • Earliest Interview Notification Date: January 30
  • Earliest Interview Date: February 20
  • Earliest Decision Date: March 5
UCLA - Cinematography
  • FilmSchool.org UCLA Acceptance Rate: 44% (4 out of 9 applications)
  • Lowest Reported Minimum GPA: 3.15
  • Earliest Interview Notification Date: February 11
  • Earliest Interview Date: February 14
  • Earliest Decision Date: March 18
UCLA - Producers Program
  • FilmSchool.org UCLA Acceptance Rate: 37% (7 out of 38 applications)
  • Lowest Reported Minimum GPA: 3.45
  • Earliest Interview Notification Date: January 23
  • Earliest Interview Date: February 5
  • Earliest Decision Date: February 25
For data from other film programs see this article as well as the Application Tracker:

Last edited:

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
Recent application threads:

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
While it's an interview with USC Admissions and not UCLA Admissions... you will still probably find this interview useful:

How to get Into USC Film School: An Interview With an SCA Admissions Committee Member

How to get Into USC Film School: An Interview With an SCA Admissions Committee Member

Considered by many to be the best film school in the world, it’s no wonder why the USC School of Cinematic Arts (SCA) is so sought after by prospective undergraduate and graduate students alike. However, the film school’s prestige can often make the application process particularly stressful and...

Latest Classifieds

Featured Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1
  • Temple University - School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
    4.00 star(s)
    I graduated in 2013 and know several recent graduates ( 2017-2019 classes) as well. My personal and their related experiences are the basis for...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Rochester - Film and Media Studies Program
    5.00 star(s)
    I graduated from UofR with a double major in Film and Media Studies and Economics. My experiences at Rochester really shaped my filmmaking career...
    • dkimg21