1. The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered.
  2. Did you go to film school for undergrad? Please review the school on our Film School review system. (You can review anonymously)
    Dismiss Notice

UCLA (got an interview), Syracuse, CSUN, and CSUF Fall 2018 Applicant

Discussion in 'Introductions and Welcomes' started by thejosh, Feb 13, 2018.

1. thejosh

thejosh New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Hello everyone!

I'm excited to be on this site, and reading through the threads has been a genuinely enlightening experience. Thank you to all the contributors!

As my title indicates, I applied to the MFA Screenwriting Programs for UCLA, CSU Northridge, and CSU Fullerton, and I applied for the MA Radio, Television, and Film Production Program at Syracuse University.

I would love to hear any feedback from students that are currently in the above mentioned programs since I'm still a bit up in the air, particularly about UCLA vs Syracuse, and deciding on how much money I'm okay with spending on a film degree. My sister goes to Syracuse and loves it, and she says the networking they have is phenomenal. UCLA is my top choice, and while I got an interview (which was 2/12), there were 106 interviews for 36 spots and I just don't know what my chances are at this point.

I don't know really anything about the CSU MFA programs so I would love to hear about what they're like and if they're worth the money. I mainly applied because they're cheap.

Anyway, best of luck to all applicants and I'm excited to get to know some of you!

• Love Love x 1
  2. Aidan Wright

Aidan Wright New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you applying as a graduate student?

3. thejosh

thejosh New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Yes! I applied to the MFA Screenwriting programs at UCLA, CSUF, and CSUN, and then I applied to the MA Film Production Program at Syracuse.

4. Aidan Wright

Aidan Wright New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's sweet! I'm applying as a freshman and haven't heard anything back from them yet so I'm starting to lose hope :/