Well, I'll wait until I get the denied message, heh heh.

Whenever I get antsy about these things, I just remember the story of one of my roommates during the international Disney college program I did last year: he was on put a waitlist for the second phase and had all but forgotten about it. They were doing interviews over five days here in Brazil, and he got a call on the last hour of the fourth day asking if he wanted to do an interview on the next day. He had to scramble for a lot of things, but he managed to do it and got accepted.

So, yeah, waiting a little doesn't hurt for me.

Yeah, I also I see that you're an international not living in the US (same here!), so you never know. I've read other years some international applicants living abroad got an interview invitation a week after everyone did, since it's a Skype call. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it's something that can happen, especially if you're international.

If I don't get anything, I know that I'll be just as happy doing the professional program. It's very similar, only less classes, and as an international you can't work, so that's the only thing that sucks, since you can't invest your extra time elsewhere. I might try do producing and writing PPs if I can afford it. Always wanted to explore more of the production process after working for a production company.

@luckypig @DamienA any of you doing a Skype interview, or are you US-residents?

I've been reading in different threads that some colleges send invites for Skype interviews but they recommend attending in person because it shows commitment. Just wondering what your opinion on this is in case any of you are international and had to choose between in-person and Skype. But if not, don't worry!

I've been reading in different threads that some colleges send invites for Skype interviews but they recommend attending in person because it shows commitment. Just wondering what your opinion on this is in case any of you are international and had to choose between in-person and Skype. But if not, don't worry!

@Ele I'm international, but I live in LA so I'm going in person. I think it's not about showing commitment, because it's easily understandable that you can't afford to fly to LA for an interview. It's just that it's easier to connect with people in person. The fact that you're there in person doesn't affect the content of your application or the your answers to their questions. So, a good Skype interview > bad in person interview. Does that make sense?
Also thanks for the interview questions, that's super helpful!

Last edited:
@DamienA I really like your HP script! I'm engaged so far! Have you thought of turning it into a book?
Rainbow Rowell turned her HP fanfic into a very successful novel.
Good luck to you and @luckypig this 15th!!

I'm confused by the application sheets?
Some people are listed as "Rejected Without Interview", others as "Interview"
I haven't gotten anything, interview or rejec.
I understand interviews went out Feb. 1, but I haven't read anything about rejections... I'm in the dark. Starting to think there's a glitch in my sub.

@Dorothy @MacAndEs did you get a rejection via email?

I'm confused by the application sheets?
Some people are listed as "Rejected Without Interview", others as "Interview"
I haven't gotten anything, interview or rejec.
I understand interviews went out Feb. 1, but I haven't read anything about rejections... I'm in the dark. Starting to think there's a glitch in my sub.

@Dorothy @MacAndEs did you get a rejection via email?

A few of us have interpreted the fact that some have received interview requests and some haven't as a sign that they were rejected without an interview.

I disagree but also understand their position.

This is the e-book translation UC Hogwarts and the Quad Wizard Tournament - - Wattpad
It's originally written in "standard" screenwriting format, but it needed a formatting translation for this medium. My sample included an original superhero script.

That's fascinating. Congratulations again!

Hi! Has anyone heard back from UCLA's Screenwriting MFA yet (2018)?

Just wondering if anyone has already been selected for an interview.

If selected, when do you guys think we can expect to hear from them? I know it varies from year to year, just wondering if interviews have already started.

Last edited:
I got my interview request from UCLA. My interview is on the 15th. My program is screenwriting. Anyone else get an interview for screenwriting?

ucla
My interview is on the 13th and I am feeling pretty nervous! Does anyone know what the odds are of getting in once you've been accepted for an interview?

My interview is on the 13th and I am feeling pretty nervous! Does anyone know what the odds are of getting in once you've been accepted for an interview?
hey - i interviewed last year for ucla MFA screenwriting and was accepted. i don't know the odds of getting in once you've been interviewed, but i can tell you that there isn't anything to be nervous about. it's just a very casual conversation - very much unlike a job interview. i went in there thinking i was supposed to 'sell myself', but my honest impression is they just want to know you're not a complete psycho, and 'why screenwriting?' 'what kind of stories do you want to tell?, etc. i interviewed with hal ackerman and marc arneson (think that's his last name) and they couldn't have been nicer. best of luck!

I'm on the same boat, @Dorothy . I have minimal hope now that everyone has gotten their interviewer, etc. I hardly doubt they'll do a second round of interviews. Looks like everyone got their invites this year on the same day. I mean, I have a 1% left of hope, being international (non-US resident), since other years *some* of them were called about a week later, but I harddddlyyy doubt it. Concentrating on the PP instead.

Last edited:

If selected, when do you guys think we can expect to hear from them? I know it varies from year to year, just wondering if interviews have already started.

Last edited:

Last edited:
I'm applying to TFT's undergraduate program with my interest being screenwriting, does anyone here have an idea of when I might be notified or if that's already passed? I'd be an incoming freshman.

Hey everyone~

I am an international applicant, and I just knew this website last week....
I was wondering if anyone got an interview for Directing program? especially some of us had already got invitations for Writing or Producer parogram

Hey everyone~

I am an international applicant, and I just knew this website last week....
I was wondering if anyone got an interview for Directing program? especially some of us had already got invitations for Writing or Producer parogram
Was wondering the same thing. Last year they notified last week. Thinking with the transition to the new admission platform, things go delayed. Looking at the spreadsheets, it has skewed later in Feb.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back