UCLA MFA Screenwriting 2020

Shade

LMU
Yeah, I was firmly expecting more interviews last week but I've given up at this point.

I still think it's weird they only interviewed 50 people and most of them submitted a film in their app. Only a couple of people who interviewed submitted pilots with their applications, and Phyllis, head of film, was in all of the interviews whereas Neil, head of tv, was only in about half of them.

I still think that was weird but, at this point, I've given up. I don't think they'll send out more from here to next week.

FirstTimer

UCLA
Hi all, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I figure I would've loved to know when I was in your position a few years back. I asked a classmate of mine who has some knowledge of this year's process, and there isn't a second round of interview notices planned. And, they did indeed decide to trim down the interview pool this year. Hope this at least helps ease some minds. Best of luck!!

Shade

LMU
Hi all, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I figure I would've loved to know when I was in your position a few years back. I asked a classmate of mine who has some knowledge of this year's process, and there isn't a second round of interview notices planned. And, they did indeed decide to trim down the interview pool this year. Hope this at least helps ease some minds. Best of luck!!
That sucks for thanks for letting us know! Knowing is always better than not knowing.

DGorham95

I got an interview in 2018, didnt apply for a year to improve while doing UCLA's Professional Program for TV writing, and no interview this time. Granted, one of my recommenders submitted the letter 25 days late so I might have been disqualified, but might as well just write something new and try again! We'll get 'em next time. I wish everyone who got interviewed luck!

mjweerts

UCLA
I got an interview in 2018, didnt apply for a year to improve while doing UCLA's Professional Program for TV writing, and no interview this time. Granted, one of my recommenders submitted the letter 25 days late so I might have been disqualified, but might as well just write something new and try again! We'll get 'em next time. I wish everyone who got interviewed luck!
It would be incredibly frustrating to have a letter come in late like that. I might have gone nuclear. Especially since you'd taken so many steps to improve for this cycle. I'm really sorry about that. Your attitude is inspirational, though! And with that kind of positivity and drive, you will get into UCLA, and much more.

DGorham95

It would be incredibly frustrating to have a letter come in late like that. I might have gone nuclear. Especially since you'd taken so many steps to improve for this cycle. I'm really sorry about that. Your attitude is inspirational, though! And with that kind of positivity and drive, you will get into UCLA, and much more.
That means a lot, thank you!

Latest Classifieds

Featured Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1
  • Temple University - School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
    4.00 star(s)
    I graduated in 2013 and know several recent graduates ( 2017-2019 classes) as well. My personal and their related experiences are the basis for...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Rochester - Film and Media Studies Program
    5.00 star(s)
    I graduated from UofR with a double major in Film and Media Studies and Economics. My experiences at Rochester really shaped my filmmaking career...
    • dkimg21