UCLA MFA Screenwriting 2020

ConODon

Supporting Member
UCLA
Just to manage my expectations, I'm going to prepare for the news that the Fall 2020 semester might be online. Hopefully not, but I'd rather wrap my mind around it now and be pleasantly surprised than start packing up my apartment to move this summer only to be disappointed come August. Hope everyone is staying safe while we wait for FA and housing and all the other fun stuff that's out of our hands for now. :)

Thxalatte

Alrighty folks re:financial aid. I read all the fine print and in order for them to offer financial aid you must give your ssn. The spot to do this is in the intent to register form. Likewise the offer of admittance must be accepted before any financial aid occurs.

Do y’all really think we’ll be online? I don’t mind either way just wondering if anyone has actual inside knowledge.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
Do y’all really think we’ll be online? I don’t mind either way just wondering if anyone has actual inside knowledge.
I don't think anyone knows anything yet. We're still early in this mess and who knows how it'll play out.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
Has anyone just not heard anything? I’m almost completely sure I’ve been rejected, but it doesn’t look like they’ve sent out waitlists yet either, so idk what their timeline is

Has anyone just not heard anything? I’m almost completely sure I’ve been rejected, but it doesn’t look like they’ve sent out waitlists yet either, so idk what their timeline is
I haven't heard anything either. I find it incredibly odd considering they were the first application I turned in, all the way back in October.

fehab77

Haven't heard anything, but if you haven't been interviewed at this point, I'm 99% certain it's a rejection.

I’m pretty sure it’s a rejection at this point, but I’m just curious as to why they haven’t sent them out, considering that their acceptances came out before any other schools and most other schools have already sent rejections.

fehab77

I’m pretty sure it’s a rejection at this point, but I’m just curious as to why they haven’t sent them out, considering that their acceptances came out before any other schools and most other schools have already sent rejections.
I mean AFI's deadline was Dec 1 if I'm not mistaken and they were the first to send out rejections.

I mean AFI's deadline was Dec 1 if I'm not mistaken and they were the first to send out rejections.
Yeah I don’t mean the deadline, but that their acceptances came out pretty early - beginning of March - and most of my other ones were mid March. And I’ve heard back from almost everyone in terms of waitlist/ rejection etc. So I’m wondering what their timeline is if they sent out acceptances earlier than anyone but are waiting on their waitlist and rejection until after most schools have sent out all their replies. I mean maybe they just got stopped up by corona, but it’s just a little odd.

DaVinciNoir

LMU
It sucks because it leaves open that little 1% ray of hope; I'm just ready to get the bad news and move on.

Lucabreu96

I was waitlisted in March 2019 and then I was offered a spot in April 2019. With COVID-19, I can say that the department is still trying to figure everything out and adjust. If you interviewed, I would just try to stay patient, as tough as that may be. I know people that were offered as late as June, so there is hope.

On a separate note, if anyone attending has questions (I know that a few of you have reached out already!), email me at abreu@ucla.edu. I also can answer questions regarding my experience with online classes if you're curious about it.

Best,
Lucas

DaVinciNoir

LMU
Anyone still waiting to hear back other than me?
Still waiting, too, though my anticipation is minimal, considering I didn't get an interview. I know an interview isn't necessarily "required," according to the grad admissions page, but I'm also not going to set myself up for massive disappointment.

DGorham95

Maybe they're waiting to see if those on the wait list can fill the roster before they send rejections since people might say no to the idea of stay-at-home grad school................................? Idk. As you can tell, I'm grasping at straws 🙃

Latest Classifieds

Featured Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews