@dorkydiana I want to be your classmate! hahaha Thanks for this, it made my day lol I was interviewed last year, so in my imagination, my name is written on a big whiteboard and they're just waiting to send me the acceptance letter ?? (a girl can dream)
glad i could lighten the mood i know we’re all so tense :/ and wow how nice would that be one could only dream ? for me, my foolish mind likes to create scenarios in which weeks after everyone gets accepted one faculty member personally calls me and is like “oh my god, why haven’t u accepted our offer yet we REALLY want u” and i’m like “????” and they’re like “holy poop....u never got it....” and then i get accepted with a full ride scholarship....and then i wake up and i’m like to myself:
FA0B9E5C-3F8E-4C18-BB37-B18EF740EF97.jpeg

i agree. I just got my AFI interview email today, and I figured they sent them all last week.

congrats on the AFI!
glad i could lighten the mood i know we’re all so tense :/ and wow how nice would that be one could only dream ? for me, my foolish mind likes to create scenarios in which weeks after everyone gets accepted one faculty member personally calls me and is like “oh my god, why haven’t u accepted our offer yet we REALLY want u” and i’m like “????” and they’re like “holy poop....u never got it....” and then i get accepted with a full ride scholarship....and then i wake up and i’m like to myself:View attachment 1521
????
This is perfect, gonna be using this meme in all my social media

While you're waiting to hear back from your your film programs consider writing reviews with pros and cons to each program you are applying to. It's a great way to weigh the pros and cons of each one to help you decide where to go. It's also a great way for us to improve the rankings on our site.

You can review based on online research and/or a tour. It can be anonymous. You DON'T have to be a current student or alumni to review a school.

See this new article:

How to Write a Film School Review and Why You Should

How to Write a Film School Review and Why You Should

You don’t have to be a current student or an alum to write a review for a film school! Whether you’re an applicant, interested student, faculty member, current student, or alum, we want to hear from you. Are you currently wondering, “Which film schools should I apply to?” One of the most...

Last edited:
@dorkydiana I got the interview request on Tuesday (have been creeping this thread for a while but only just created an account like five mins ago lol or I would have posted about it then)
@caruss I got the follow-up email with a link to sign up for a time on Friday around 5:30PM PST with the deadline to choose a slot by Monday at 9AM. But I get a permissions error when trying to access it and the office is closed the weekend, so I guess I might have to do it Monday morning when they get around to fixing whatever my issue is, haha

@dorkydiana I got the interview request on Tuesday (have been creeping this thread for a while but only just created an account like five mins ago lol or I would have posted about it then)
@caruss I got the follow-up email with a link to sign up for a time on Friday around 5:30PM PST with the deadline to choose a slot by Monday at 9AM. But I get a permissions error when trying to access it and the office is closed the weekend, so I guess I might have to do it Monday morning when they get around to fixing whatever my issue is, haha
Ahh okay, thank you... did you elect for a Skype interview? Why didn't I get a follow-up email? ?

Ahh okay, thank you... did you elect for a Skype interview? Why didn't I get a follow-up email? ?
I did, though I'm guessing since the email I got only offered slots on on Tues and Fri next week, it's a rolling basis thing (like everything else seems to be), and they'll send out other emails for people to sign up on different days?

@dorkydiana i can’t determine if we should keep hope alive or not.

Btw I think we “met” on the USC thread last year, right? Idk why I’m just realizing this.
yes we did! ah a familiar "face" is somewhat nice, it alleviates the angst that revolves around this whole gruesome process :/ i kinda lost hope? .... yeah....i fully lost hope LOL i mean my sample was a few pages under the requirement smh i did not think that would be a big deal but mayhaps it was :/ im just bummed bc i thought this was a pretty decent application HAH boy was i dumb ?

yes we did! ah a familiar "face" is somewhat nice, it alleviates the angst that revolves around this whole gruesome process :/ i kinda lost hope? .... yeah....i fully lost hope LOL i mean my sample was a few pages under the requirement smh i did not think that would be a big deal but mayhaps it was :/ im just bummed bc i thought this was a pretty decent application HAH boy was i dumb ?

Same, at least we’re in this together. And I feel the same way, I thought my script was kinda ok? LOL, I guess not. Also, my PP teacher was like you’ll get an interview Bc you’re in the program, so I feel extra crushed. Idk my life plans keep getting thrown off. UGHHHH

Same, at least we’re in this together. And I feel the same way, I thought my script was kinda ok? LOL, I guess not. Also, my PP teacher was like you’ll get an interview Bc you’re in the program, so I feel extra crushed. Idk my life plans keep getting thrown off. UGHHHH
i feel u i really do don't worry good things come to good people and not to sound annoying bc i know i hate it when people tell me this but it is totally true: whatever is meant to be will happen ? hang in there we shall prevail!!!

i feel u i really do don't worry good things come to good people and not to sound annoying bc i know i hate it when people tell me this but it is totally true: whatever is meant to be will happen ? hang in there we shall prevail!!!

same to you ? I know it’s been hard for both of us, but the fact that we’re doing it again, and applying to more schools is really great. I mean I’m 3 years out of undergrad, and life plans don’t always happen the way we want, but I have faith it’ll work out for us!

I think they're still sending invites. The ones who got notified on Tuesday are interviewing next week (the only dates available were Tue or Friday next week)
Next Tuesday they'll send out more invites for those interviewing the week after that.

The reason for that is because last year the all the interview requests went out at once, but your interview could be scheduled any time between early February or late February, so those interviewing in late February had a lot more time to prepare, and already knew what they were going to be asked, more or less. Also, last year, the interview notifications came through a site called Acceptd, where everyone was allowed to schedule their own interview time/date and it was a little chaotic.

My impression is: get ready for another batch of interview requests to go out on Tuesday (28), maybe even the following Tuesday (Feb. 4). Take this with a grain of salt; I could be wrong. Could be that the batch of interviews they sent out is the only one, but considering that every year they interview around a hundred people over the course of a month, I doubt they're going to interview everyone next week in two days. Last year, and in previous years, the interviews took place throughout the month of February, with people being scheduled as early as Feb. 8, and people going in as late as Feb. 28.

Hope this helps! Again, take it with a grain of salt but I wouldn't give up hope :)

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back