UCLA Producer's Program interview 2020

KeenanDK

Just got the email for the interview yesterday. I was a bit worried as it's the last program I've heard from, so it was pretty exciting!

They provided the questions ahead of time and they're all very film-focused, which is interesting because during my USC and Chapman interviews, we hardly discussed film at all.

Anyone else interviewing with them or already have? Interested to know how they went!

cseckman

Just got the email for the interview yesterday. I was a bit worried as it's the last program I've heard from, so it was pretty exciting!

They provided the questions ahead of time and they're all very film-focused, which is interesting because during my USC and Chapman interviews, we hardly discussed film at all.

Anyone else interviewing with them or already have? Interested to know how they went!
Congrats on the interview! This will also be my first time interviewing with UCLA for the producers program. I can’t decide whether I like the fact that they sent out the list of questions, or will it cause me to over think every one then deliver very prepared, rehearsed sounding answers lol. Like you said, other schools have a much more laid back interview process that seems to just go with the flow. I keep wondering if UCLA is playing mind games and come interview time, few of any of those specific questions will actually be discussed. I hope someone who’s been through it before sees this thread hahaha and either way, best of luck!

KeenanDK

Congrats on the interview! This will also be my first time interviewing with UCLA for the producers program. I can’t decide whether I like the fact that they sent out the list of questions, or will it cause me to over think every one then deliver very prepared, rehearsed sounding answers lol. Like you said, other schools have a much more laid back interview process that seems to just go with the flow. I keep wondering if UCLA is playing mind games and come interview time, few of any of those specific questions will actually be discussed. I hope someone who’s been through it before sees this thread hahaha and either way, best of luck!
Just wrapped up mine and we stuck pretty closely to those questions.

I usually feel pretty confident about interviews, but that one had me frazzled for some reason 😓😩

cseckman

Just wrapped up mine and we stuck pretty closely to those questions.

I usually feel pretty confident about interviews, but that one had me frazzled for some reason 😓😩
I had mine yesterday. I felt like it went so so too. I really feel like I should’ve worked harder preparing my feature film pitch. I thought I had it down well enough, but then I was rambling come interview time. No reason to worry now though, it’s in the hands of fate lol

KeenanDK

I had mine yesterday. I felt like it went so so too. I really feel like I should’ve worked harder preparing my feature film pitch. I thought I had it down well enough, but then I was rambling come interview time. No reason to worry now though, it’s in the hands of fate lol
Same haha my pitch was gibberish. Oof.

KeenanDK

Anybody know a roundabout time they’ll be making decisions?
During my interview last week, they said this week was the final round of interviews and then decisions would start rolling it out. We'll see.

KeenanDK

Tell me about it. Nov 2019-Now has been the longest decade of my life 🙃

KeenanDK

Just got called--I'm in! What an unbelievable day!

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
Congrats everyone!!! For info on the UCLA badge and private forum see this thread here:

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
!!!!! O!!!!M!!!!G!!!!!I am in!!!!! I am so excited now!!!!!
Congrats! Be sure to update your Application in the tracker and let me know if you want access to the private UCLA forum. :)

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
Yes I have updated my status!!! Thank you so much for organzing this website!!! And sure!!! The private forum sounds great!!!! Thanks!!!

Ive been accepted to the Professional Program for Producers but Im still debating if I should do it. Has anyone had any experience with these programs?

jakemmc

Ive been accepted to the Professional Program for Producers but Im still debating if I should do it. Has anyone had any experience with these programs?
Not sure. The professional programs are generally non degree while this one’s a two year MFA. Likely still valuable with great seminar based information and the ability to make new connections.

Latest Classifieds

Featured Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1
  • Temple University - School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
    4.00 star(s)
    I graduated in 2013 and know several recent graduates ( 2017-2019 classes) as well. My personal and their related experiences are the basis for...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Rochester - Film and Media Studies Program
    5.00 star(s)
    I graduated from UofR with a double major in Film and Media Studies and Economics. My experiences at Rochester really shaped my filmmaking career...
    • dkimg21