UCLA Producer's Program interview 2020

KeenanDK

Just got the email for the interview yesterday. I was a bit worried as it's the last program I've heard from, so it was pretty exciting!

They provided the questions ahead of time and they're all very film-focused, which is interesting because during my USC and Chapman interviews, we hardly discussed film at all.

Anyone else interviewing with them or already have? Interested to know how they went!

Just got the email for the interview yesterday. I was a bit worried as it's the last program I've heard from, so it was pretty exciting!

They provided the questions ahead of time and they're all very film-focused, which is interesting because during my USC and Chapman interviews, we hardly discussed film at all.

Anyone else interviewing with them or already have? Interested to know how they went!
Congrats on the interview! This will also be my first time interviewing with UCLA for the producers program. I can’t decide whether I like the fact that they sent out the list of questions, or will it cause me to over think every one then deliver very prepared, rehearsed sounding answers lol. Like you said, other schools have a much more laid back interview process that seems to just go with the flow. I keep wondering if UCLA is playing mind games and come interview time, few of any of those specific questions will actually be discussed. I hope someone who’s been through it before sees this thread hahaha and either way, best of luck!

Congrats on the interview! This will also be my first time interviewing with UCLA for the producers program. I can’t decide whether I like the fact that they sent out the list of questions, or will it cause me to over think every one then deliver very prepared, rehearsed sounding answers lol. Like you said, other schools have a much more laid back interview process that seems to just go with the flow. I keep wondering if UCLA is playing mind games and come interview time, few of any of those specific questions will actually be discussed. I hope someone who’s been through it before sees this thread hahaha and either way, best of luck!

Just wrapped up mine and we stuck pretty closely to those questions.

I usually feel pretty confident about interviews, but that one had me frazzled for some reason 😓😩

Just wrapped up mine and we stuck pretty closely to those questions.

I usually feel pretty confident about interviews, but that one had me frazzled for some reason 😓😩
I had mine yesterday. I felt like it went so so too. I really feel like I should’ve worked harder preparing my feature film pitch. I thought I had it down well enough, but then I was rambling come interview time. No reason to worry now though, it’s in the hands of fate lol

I had mine yesterday. I felt like it went so so too. I really feel like I should’ve worked harder preparing my feature film pitch. I thought I had it down well enough, but then I was rambling come interview time. No reason to worry now though, it’s in the hands of fate lol
Same haha my pitch was gibberish. Oof.

Anybody know a roundabout time they’ll be making decisions?

During my interview last week, they said this week was the final round of interviews and then decisions would start rolling it out. We'll see.

Tell me about it. Nov 2019-Now has been the longest decade of my life 🙃

Just got called--I'm in! What an unbelievable day!

Congrats everyone!!! For info on the UCLA badge and private forum see this thread here:

Yes I have updated my status!!! Thank you so much for organzing this website!!! And sure!!! The private forum sounds great!!!! Thanks!!!

Ive been accepted to the Professional Program for Producers but Im still debating if I should do it. Has anyone had any experience with these programs?
Not sure. The professional programs are generally non degree while this one’s a two year MFA. Likely still valuable with great seminar based information and the ability to make new connections.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back