UCLA Production/ Directing FALL 2020

LorraineC

Hey guys!

I'm stating my college application for UCLA MFA in Production/Directing. They are asking me to write a 2 page treatment for a short film. Can you give me any tips to write it? What kind of stories are they looking for? What do they expect from it? More describing, more interesting ending? anything could help...

thank you!

Johnella18

USC - Applied
Hey those of you who got the notification: are the interviews in-person or online? Or do you choose? 🤔

Johnella18

USC - Applied
You can choose it. They said there is no advantage to an in-person interview. But I choose to do an in-person interview.:)
Oh okay. Are they making a day of it like some of the other schools? Tour, class sit-ins, or is it just the interview?

Thank you for responding! :)

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
While you wait for more info.... Weigh in on your picks for tonight in this thread:

:)

And get that Oscars bingo card. 🤣

Ep317

Hi guys! Soo it looks like that from the excel files from previous years, the interview requests for film production were sent out around mid February and all at once (I saw on the document from 2018 that all the interview requests were sent out on the 14th of Feb specifically). So unless something has changed, we should be hearing something back soon! Especially considering the fact that the documentary track has already been notified!

Johnella18

USC - Applied
Yeah but last year they didn't get notified until the first week of March, like the 3rd or 4th. So maybe we'll hear back sometime between now and then? 🤔

Ep317

Yeah but last year they didn't get notified until the first week of March, like the 3rd or 4th. So maybe we'll hear back sometime between now and then? 🤔
Woah that late?! If the interview requests will go out in March then I wonder when we will hear about the final decision 😥

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
Hi guys! Soo it looks like that from the excel files from previous years, the interview requests for film production were sent out around mid February and all at once (I saw on the document from 2018 that all the interview requests were sent out on the 14th of Feb specifically). So unless something has changed, we should be hearing something back soon! Especially considering the fact that the documentary track has already been notified!
Here's all the applications in our database sorted by interview notification date.

And here's some tips on how to use our database;

Latest Classifieds

Featured Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1
  • Temple University - School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
    4.00 star(s)
    I graduated in 2013 and know several recent graduates ( 2017-2019 classes) as well. My personal and their related experiences are the basis for...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Rochester - Film and Media Studies Program
    5.00 star(s)
    I graduated from UofR with a double major in Film and Media Studies and Economics. My experiences at Rochester really shaped my filmmaking career...
    • dkimg21