UCLA Production/ Directing FALL 2020

sguilford

I had my interview! I overthought for no reason. It went great! 🙂
That's awesome! Mine was good, but I didn't love the questions they asked. I did it online and I think due to technical difficulties my interviewers were 20 minutes late. I definitely feel like I sold myself better in the LMU interview (and lo' and behold I was accepted there) whereas the application process and interview structure of UCLA didn't really give me the same chance to express myself. But I'm not complaining, I have great options no matter what UCLA's decision is.

Johnella18

USC - Applied
That's awesome! Mine was good, but I didn't love the questions they asked. I did it online and I think due to technical difficulties my interviewers were 20 minutes late. I definitely feel like I sold myself better in the LMU interview (and lo' and behold I was accepted there) whereas the application process and interview structure of UCLA didn't really give me the same chance to express myself. But I'm not complaining, I have great options no matter what UCLA's decision is.
Yeah they were 11 minutes late for me! I was legit in the middle of sending an email and then I was going to LEAVE. Then bam they popped up on my screen and didn't even acknowledge their tardiness. (but whatever lol) I liked some of the questions because it made me relax before the pitch but they were surprising and not like the other interviews I've had. It was way more chill. Like zero pressure. Maybe because they didn't have much to talk about based on what we submitted? Idk. But I'm not stressing over UCLA either. I think I know where I'm going already. ;)

Lukexlace

Hi y’all! First post here. I happy to inform you that I got my admission offer yesterday via phone call! My interview was Friday March 6. I’m excited to see who else gets in!! I’d love to connect with anyone here

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
Hi y’all! First post here. I happy to inform you that I got my admission offer yesterday via phone call! My interview was Friday March 6. I’m excited to see who else gets in!! I’d love to connect with anyone here
Congrats! See this thread for how to access the UCLA private forum:

Johnella18

USC - Applied
Was it a normal number? I missed a call yesterday but it was a weird number and now I’m wondering if it was them. Lol

jorge92

Supporting Member
UCLA
Based on info from years past, it seems UCLA notifies those accepted all on the same day. Keeping my fingers crossed to see if I made the waitlist.

Congrats to those accepted! :) Stay safe out there!!

BazookaB

Any news folks? :)

I wrote to them too but no response yet. I didn't make the interview cut either so I guess it's probably going to be a rejection. Ah well!

Congratulations to everyone who made it!

And wish you all are safe and healthy. :)

mol31203

Hi guys
So I wrote to them and got an immediate response saying that “decisions will be made in the coming weekS.” I guess the waiting continues...

Latest Classifieds

Featured Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1
  • Temple University - School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
    4.00 star(s)
    I graduated in 2013 and know several recent graduates ( 2017-2019 classes) as well. My personal and their related experiences are the basis for...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Rochester - Film and Media Studies Program
    5.00 star(s)
    I graduated from UofR with a double major in Film and Media Studies and Economics. My experiences at Rochester really shaped my filmmaking career...
    • dkimg21