I mean I was told tomorrow at the soonest. So... hopefully tomorrow?

Yeah I was told around tomorrow too. But the way she made it sound was that they would have made their decisions already by last week and it’s up to the admissions Dept to actually send it out which is why it would be around now... so like any minute now pls!

I do want to know though, so I know if I have options or if I'm going to Chapman (or, though this sounds crazy since I did get into a program, try again next year??). I really don't know what to do at the moment.

I do want to know though, so I know if I have options or if I'm going to Chapman (or, though this sounds crazy since I did get into a program, try again next year??). I really don't know what to do at the moment.

Yeah I hear you. I have a couple acceptances but now imposter syndrome and second guessing myself is making me wonder if this would only really be worth the money if I were to attend a school like UCLA.

@Cd23 no idea whether it’s worth it for you or not- but visit the schools and make an informed decision. Imposter syndrome is viscous and you aren’t an imposter. You got in somewhere and you’re getting better. So do whatever’s best for you about going but do keep going :)

@Cd23 no idea whether it’s worth it for you or not- but visit the schools and make an informed decision. Imposter syndrome is viscous and you aren’t an imposter. You got in somewhere and you’re getting better. So do whatever’s best for you about going but do keep going :)

Thanks, and same goes for you too! My only issue is I live across the country (literally opposite coast), and basically only have either a couple weeks or a month to give final decisions. And I’m in my last year of undergrad lol...so getting to visit is gonna be .... really hard

Thanks, and same goes for you too! My only issue is I live across the country (literally opposite coast), and basically only have either a couple weeks or a month to give final decisions. And I’m in my last year of undergrad lol...so getting to visit is gonna be .... really hard
True- ask all your questions once you’re accepted and then also ask everyone online. You’ll know if it’s right for you.

Where are you accepted?

To those of you who mentioned imposter syndrome, I'm glad I'm not the only one. It has been a serious stressor for me while waiting to hear from UCLA.

When it comes to a decision, I'm torn between, of all places, UCR. They offer an MFA in screenwriting (it is interdisciplinary, however) that fully funds students their first year and basically guarantees a Teaching Assistant Ship that covers tuition the second year. Not to mention, my parents live in Riverside and already agreed they wouldn't charge me rent, which would save me almost a thousand dollars a month. (L.A. housing is ridiculous!)

Obviously, UCR is a sub-par school, and not really a film school, but they still have amazing screenwriting faculty and have been incredibly welcoming. They gave me the acceptance email in February, paid for my mileage and lunch during my tour, invited me to sit in on a class, and had their MFA coordinator and adviser meet with me personally. As I mentioned, the financial advantage couldn't be better, and I doubt UCLA will be willing to send me much scholarship money, considering how competitive their program is.

I get a real kick thinking about this decision. On the down low, I'm kind of hoping UCLA flat out rejects me, even though they are an A-tier film school.
Just wondering what you all think?

When it comes to a decision, I'm torn between, of all places, UCR. They offer an MFA in screenwriting (it is interdisciplinary, however) that fully funds students their first year and basically guarantees a Teaching Assistant Ship that covers tuition the second year. Not to mention, my parents live in Riverside and already agreed they wouldn't charge me rent, which would save me almost a thousand dollars a month. (L.A. housing is ridiculous!)

The housing thing is a big reason why I applied to Chapman in the first place. Staying in Orange County means free rent at my parents' house (even though I really don't want to be here forever, lol). I didn't know UCR was fully funded. I guess it really depends on why you're going to grad school? Like if you're going just to hone your craft, you can really do that at any program that has good professors. If you're going to network, you probably want to be at one of the bigger schools because there will be more opportunities closer to LA. Personally I'm looking for access to internships to get my foot in the door, so that's something I can get from UCLA or Chapman (RIP all hope of ever going to USC).

By the way, has ANYONE heard anything yet? I wonder if I'm right and we won't hear until Tuesday.

The housing thing is a big reason why I applied to Chapman in the first place. Staying in Orange County means free rent at my parents' house (even though I really don't want to be here forever, lol). I didn't know UCR was fully funded. I guess it really depends on why you're going to grad school? Like if you're going just to hone your craft, you can really do that at any program that has good professors. If you're going to network, you probably want to be at one of the bigger schools because there will be more opportunities closer to LA. Personally I'm looking for access to internships to get my foot in the door, so that's something I can get from UCLA or Chapman (RIP all hope of ever going to USC).

By the way, has ANYONE heard anything yet? I wonder if I'm right and we won't hear until Tuesday.

I still haven’t heard anything either and am getting so frustrated

I

I'm guessing same. Did you apply to LMU perchance? I'm hoping they have great internship opportunities but I'm unsure..

You bring up some great points. I'm more focused on the craft, though the industry connections are incredibly important, if not most. I really like how UCLA expects a large volume of work since I want to develop a strong portfolio. I guess it all comes down to personal values, including finances.

Still nothing, either. But for those of you who have also been accepted into LMU, I just got an extension on the deadline to commit. I think it's only six days, but it's still less pressure when making the big decision.

I

I'm guessing same. Did you apply to LMU perchance? I'm hoping they have great internship opportunities but I'm unsure..
Everything I've read about LMU boasts about the internship program, though nothing goes into depth. On the phone, Jenny Vazquez, the assistant director of recruitment, told me she would send me the contact for the person who runs the program. I would also ask her for that email/phone and contact them asap.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back