Thank you all so much for helping me with this. I know it seems kind of awful of me to not be happy with this predicament (which I am, I truly understand how beneficial this is and how fortunate I am) I'm just very type a in getting everything and making sure I back my own decisions) I just want to know as much as I can before I commit.
It’s a huge decision. It’s a great thing to be Type A about!

I'm trying to make my decision but honestly it's very hard. It's the only school I got into (I was waitlisted elsewhere) but as a TV track idk if it's of benefit to me. Can any current grads give us the DL on what's it like for people looking to be showrunners/write for TV?

I'm on the TV track at UCLA and feel very well prepared. By the time I graduate (in 2.5 months!), I will have written 5 drama pilots and 1 comedy (by choice). Plus 3 features. All my TV drama workshops have been taught by current or former showrunners / co-EP's. I've also been able to take a ton of producing electives, including TV Development, Advance TV Producing, the Business of Making Your Art, and next quarter an international co-producing course. Hopefully this is helpful!

You're really doing a good job persuading me to just accept the offer. Thanks for sharing those stories. Also, I'm sure you can get a slot into the Cannes Institute with your dedication. During my interview, Neil told me how some of the current students got to go to a festival (pretty sure it was this one) and have a group session with Christopher Nolan. Blown away.
Be sure to add your Applications to the tracker help future applicants:

I'm on the TV track at UCLA and feel very well prepared. By the time I graduate (in 2.5 months!), I will have written 5 drama pilots and 1 comedy (by choice). Plus 3 features. All my TV drama workshops have been taught by current or former showrunners / co-EP's. I've also been able to take a ton of producing electives, including TV Development, Advance TV Producing, the Business of Making Your Art, and next quarter an international co-producing course. Hopefully this is helpful!
Yes. Also I did the Professional Program in TV Writing and it was great. They share faculty with the MFA and I'm very happy with what I learned. @divmoh247 , this is my personal choice, but if you're considering USC vs. UCLA, I'd go with UCLA for sure. Also as an international. It's less money, great connections, great faculty. USC is the same except you pay more, and I've heard some not-so-great things from a former alum, so Idk, my gut says stick to UCLA, but it's a personal choice? :)

Hey!
Just curious if everyone has heard back? I’m awaiting a rejection, but it seems odd I haven’t heard yet-
In March, I was told I was on the waitlist and would remain on it through the summer. But just this morning at 2 a.m., I got a rejection letter through their appstatus site. I'd assume I'm still on the waitlist, so I'm going to call and see what's up.

In March, I was told I was on the waitlist and would remain on it through the summer. But just this morning at 2 a.m., I got a rejection letter through their appstatus site. I'd assume I'm still on the waitlist, so I'm going to call and see what's up.
Yup was just gonna say, I spoke too soon. I got my rejection today too.

Good luck with the waitlist!

Yup was just gonna say, I spoke too soon. I got my rejection today too.

Good luck with the waitlist!
Thank you!

I called, and I'm still on the waitlist. The rejection letter was a mistake.

So if anyone else is on the waitlist and just got a rejection letter, make sure to call. They were really nice about it, and laughed it off. They have no idea why it happened.

I accepted my offer yesterday. I really want to thank all of you for taking the time to give me advice, it really helped a lot with this decision. I feel like I'm making the right decision and I'm super excited to see you all this fall ?

I accepted my offer yesterday. I really want to thank all of you for taking the time to give me advice, it really helped a lot with this decision. I feel like I'm making the right decision and I'm super excited to see you all this fall ?

Congrats! You should come to Showcase at the end of this year if you get a chance. If not no worries, see you in the fall!

When is that? As I'm international I'm planning on coming a bit earlier.

When is that? As I'm international I'm planning on coming a bit earlier.
Congrats on a great decision ;) Showcase is in early June.

Hey guys! Anyone hear also looking for a place to live near UCLA come August/September? I'm not from LA or the US so I'm not exactly sure where are the best places to look for housing. Any tips would be much appreciated and if you're interested in perhaps sharing an apartment, hit me up!

Palms is a good area when I lived there. Was affordable and safe then but may be more expensive now that the the train is there. But that's a plus for the area as well.

Also no one has set up a UCLA group yet. Would be a good idea.

Last edited:
Hey guys! Anyone hear also looking for a place to live near UCLA come August/September? I'm not from LA or the US so I'm not exactly sure where are the best places to look for housing. Any tips would be much appreciated and if you're interested in perhaps sharing an apartment, hit me up!

When it comes to actually searching for housing, I've recently landed on Padmapper as a really good resource. Compared to some of the others (Craigslist, Apartments.com, Trulia, etc.), it's actually providing a wide assortment of different (and feasible!) living options. Can't guaranteed it will work for actually landing a place as I'm not quite there yet but, for just looking at potential complexes, areas, etc., it's been the best resource I've come across.

When it comes to actually searching for housing, I've recently landed on Padmapper as a really good resource. Compared to some of the others (Craigslist, Apartments.com, Trulia, etc.), it's actually providing a wide assortment of different (and feasible!) living options. Can't guaranteed it will work for actually landing a place as I'm not quite there yet but, for just looking at potential complexes, areas, etc., it's been the best resource I've come across.
Padmapper is good! I like that one a lot. I’ve also used most the others and westside rentals is good (particularly if you get with others and split the cost).
Rent.com, Zillow, hotpads and radpads I like too- hotpads and radpads are more similar to padmapper. Rent.com I’ve personally had lesss luck with but others love it. Also, driving the streets and calling signs old-school can give you some good deals if you come out to find a place. :)

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back