UCLA Screenwriting MFA 2022 (1 Viewer)

its_me_mari

Supporter+
Hey they emailed back:

Thank you for your interest in the UCLA School of Theater, Film, and Television. Yes, you can upload the document in the supporting documents portion of the app. You can also indicate in the text box that you will be uploading it there.

So I guess if your SOP is longer than 500 words we can submit it as a supporting document
Thanks great to know!
I was planning on editing mine to fit under 500 words, but it was 2 pages (double space already).

PCar

Supporter
Hey everyone. I'm applying too! I had a question, though. I was 100% that we needed to upload a show bible if we're uploading a Pilot for our creative portfolio. But I was revising the instructions sheet, and I don't see anything about a show bible... Was I tripping? lol

And btw, best of luck to everyone applying!

fiere240

Hey everyone. I'm applying too! I had a question, though. I was 100% that we needed to upload a show bible if we're uploading a Pilot for our creative portfolio. But I was revising the instructions sheet, and I don't see anything about a show bible... Was I tripping? lol

And btw, best of luck to everyone applying!
Hey, they edited the application requirements some time in end-September. I was thrown by them too :')

its_me_mari

Supporter+
Hey everyone, so I'm finishing my application on the deadline ( the day before probably), but that would be a Saturday. November 1st (Monday) is like a holiday in Brazil so I won't be able to mail my transcripts.

I would like to know if I can mail my official transcript before submitting the online part. Does anyone know about this? I couldn't find any information on the topic. (I mean, with USC you need to finish the online part, receive an ID and use that to mail your transcripts).

fiere240

Hey everyone, so I'm finishing my application on the deadline ( the day before probably), but that would be a Saturday. November 1st (Monday) is like a holiday in Brazil so I won't be able to mail my transcripts.

I would like to know if I can mail my official transcript before submitting the online part. Does anyone know about this? I couldn't find any information on the topic. (I mean, with USC you need to finish the online part, receive an ID and use that to mail your transcripts).
Hey, the official UCLA application doesn't require us to submit official transcripts at all. This means that we mail everything directly to TFT, and by TFT's instructions we just put our name and stuff. Should be ok to mail early as they can match the names later on hopefully.

I'm finishing my application on the deadline too :') haven't had much time due to working full-time. Good luck to both of us!

Nidhi Kamath

Supporter+
Hey, the official UCLA application doesn't require us to submit official transcripts at all. This means that we mail everything directly to TFT, and by TFT's instructions we just put our name and stuff. Should be ok to mail early as they can match the names later on hopefully.

I'm finishing my application on the deadline too :') haven't had much time due to working full-time. Good luck to both of us!
Hey read this

I think for now we need to submit unofficial transcript copies. Only once the admission is confirmed is when we are supposed to send the official transcripts.

fiere240

Hey read this

I think for now we need to submit unofficial transcript copies. Only once the admission is confirmed is when we are supposed to send the official transcripts.
Hey, this is true for the general grad application, but TFT additionally requires us to send official transcripts as well.

Step 2: Mail

• Mail an Official copy of all Transcripts from each Undergraduate and Graduate institutions attended.
    • Note: Community College transcripts are not necessary.
  • Request that all Test Scores be sent directly to UCLA.
    • Only test scores taken by December 31, 2021 will be accepted.
    • The GRE UCLA Code is 4837 and the Department Code is 2409.
    • Note: The GRE is not Required for MFA Applicants.
[...]

Academic Records: Although the Application for Graduate Admission enables applicants to upload an unofficial copy of their academic records, all applicants are required to submit official records from each academic institution attended.

Nidhi Kamath

Supporter+
Dammn I hadn't seen the step 2 mail option. What should I do ? All universities are closed in India for a festival.
Is it okay if my transcripts reach them late ? No one is available on their phone no. too and no one even replies to email.

its_me_mari

Supporter+

Thank you!
Just arrived from the post office!
Will be finishing my script today as well and then revise until the weekend.

Good luck! =D

PCar

Supporter
Hey everyone. Does anyone know if after you've paid the fee you're allowed to edit the application, or submit something else?

fiere240

Hey everyone. Does anyone know if after you've paid the fee you're allowed to edit the application, or submit something else?
From the PDF:
Make sure you review all categories before you submit your UCLA Graduate Division Online
Application. You may log in/log out of the system as many times as needed during the filing period,
but once the application is submitted, you will not be able to make ANY corrections or additions.

PCar

Supporter
From the PDF:
Make sure you review all categories before you submit your UCLA Graduate Division Online
Application. You may log in/log out of the system as many times as needed during the filing period,
but once the application is submitted, you will not be able to make ANY corrections or additions.

Hi. Thank you for replying. Yes, I saw that. I think what I meant to ask was: if by paying the fee, our application is considered submitted, meaning you can no longer edit it. Because I'd like to pay the fee by 5pm on Monday, but I'd like to upload my last document later than that.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Why so down to the wire? Be careful. Previous years technical problems have caused people to miss the deadline.
See here:

Batsy

Supporter+
The application reads as follows:

Your application cannot be processed and reviewed by the proposed program until you have:
  1. Paid the application fee by credit or debit card in U.S. currency.
  2. Uploaded and/or sent the required supporting documents for your major program.
  3. Submitted the application. Submission is the final step after fee payment.
    *Please note that paying the application fee does not automatically submit your application.
So it looks like you should be able to pay the application fee, come back and submit the application. This can be found on the "Instructions" page of the application if you'd like to read it yourself. I don't think the application can submit without the required documents anyway, judging from the wording of the rest of the instructions page.

PCar

Supporter
The application reads as follows:

Your application cannot be processed and reviewed by the proposed program until you have:
  1. Paid the application fee by credit or debit card in U.S. currency.
  2. Uploaded and/or sent the required supporting documents for your major program.
  3. Submitted the application. Submission is the final step after fee payment.
    *Please note that paying the application fee does not automatically submit your application.
So it looks like you should be able to pay the application fee, come back and submit the application. This can be found on the "Instructions" page of the application if you'd like to read it yourself. I don't think the application can submit without the required documents anyway, judging from the wording of the rest of the instructions page.

Thank you!

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Student Films Made at Film Programs

A248
Views
Reaction score
One man's mission to document and preserve the history and pop culture of the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. Tommy Gelinas was born and raised in the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. He grew up visiting restaurants, malls, and many other venues that slowly declined and...
Film Program
Loyola Marymount University
Course
PROD 600
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Documentary
Duration/Running Time
13:52
Film Completion
Dec 1, 2020
A248
Views
Reaction score
In the midst of a global pandemic, a very paranoid vampire orders contactless food delivery.
Film Program
Course
PROD 685
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Comedy
Duration/Running Time
1:24
Film Completion
Aug 1, 2020
A248
Views
Reaction score
An artist invites an especially harsh critic to her studio for an exclusive preview of her latest work.
Film Program
Course
PROD 550
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Horror
Duration/Running Time
6:01
Film Completion
May 1, 2019

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications