UCLA tft Undergrad transfer Interview?

justinsivilla

Have any transfers received an interview from UCLA tft? I'd assume that this has already happened because admissions decisions for transfers are only a few weeks away. Any insight on this would be helpful.

LeNoc

Supporter+
Have any transfers received an interview from UCLA tft? I'd assume that this has already happened because admissions decisions for transfers are only a few weeks away. Any insight on this would be helpful.
Do you know what is the classic timing for decisions and when do we need to confirm after getting accepted?

LeNoc

Supporter+
How'd it go? What questions did they ask?
It went well (but I maybe didn't focus enough on film in my answer) the 3 teachers and the grad student that interviewed me were friendly and interesting profiles.
I don't have much experience in interviews but my fear of being blocked on a question didn't happen.
Gonna wait that all interviews are finished to share more about it!
We were 48 selected, the interviews are 15 min each.
I have Chapman tomorrow!

amypan

I had mine on Saturday 4 pm by two college officials. We were just having casual talks around current projects I was working on, some of my ideas around the future career, why UCLA. What are your guys' questions?

Also, just curious, when the decision for transfer applicants will be out? Is it in May or the end of this month?

LeNoc

Supporter+
I had mine on Saturday 4 pm by two college officials. We were just having casual talks around current projects I was working on, some of my ideas around the future career, why UCLA. What are your guys' questions?

Also, just curious, when the decision for transfer applicants will be out? Is it in May or the end of this month?
Hey Amypan,
Great to know someone else who interviewed! Let’s hope to both get in!
I had questions around those lines too and supposed that they were asking the same to most student, then adapting to your answers!
From getting informed we should hear back around the 23-30 of this month as every other transfers of UCLA (was the 24 last year)
From most sources there is 15 people admitted out of the 48 (and I guess some waitlist)

My Chapman interview went very well with questions more related to my applications, extending from it.

I have USC interview planned this weekend. I feel all this is too much stress 😅

Last edited:
Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

Latest Articles