• IT'S HAPPENING! Celebrate interview season by becoming or upgrading to a Lifetime Supporting Membership for ONLY $15! (25% off) by entering the coupon code "ITSHAPPENING" . Thanks for being a member of the site!

Shai Garrett

I was recently accepted to both UCLA and USC's film schools but I am having a very, very tough time making a decision. I will be a freshman this fall and I'm 100% sure I want to be a filmmaker. Throughout my life I have always been interested in writing. I started writing short stories in elementary and transitioned to writing screenplays in high school. My major for UCLA is Film & Television and my major for USC is Film & Television Production. I'm especially interested in Screenwriting, Directing, and Editing though I know I won't be able to declare concentrations until my junior year at the earliest. Also, I am from California so even though USC is more expensive, out of state tuition is not a factor.

UCLA has been my dream school since I was nine years old so I'm completely incapable of making a non biased decision here. Both are great schools which doesn't make this any easier. I love UCLA's campus and the creative freedom that comes with their film program a lot more than USC's, but USC comes with the trojan mafia which opens so many doors all on its own. I'm really stuck here and any advice would be helpful.

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews