• THANKSGIVING WEEK LIFETIME SUPPORTING MEMBERSHIP SALE: If you are finding FilmSchool.org helpful, consider becoming or upgrading to a Lifetime Supporting Membership for ONLY $16! (20% off) by entering the coupon code THANKS. Coupon expires Sunday 11/29 at midnight PST.

USC Fall 2010

magneeta

Originally posted by brainwashed:
M Dwag, nope no news for me. I spoke to the graduate admissions office for the second time this week today. On Tuesday they told I should have received an email by now and that they would re-send it. They never did. I emailed them yesterday and nothing. Today they told me over the phone to email Wendy Jimenez and explain my situation.

It's very disrespectful of them. It makes a stressful process almost unbearable. I'm sure I didn't get in, but please, give me some dignity USC.

Keep me posted! And good luck with the rest of your applications!

Hey brainwashed - it's your fellow New Yorker here. How's it going? Any word yet? Read a couple of the posts and it is strange that you haven't been able to get any news from them yet esp. after you were selected for an interview and how personalized the process was for us. Hope all is well and keep me posted;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Magneeta! I still haven't heard anything :confused: No mail today either. Unfortunately NYU calls went out last Wednesday and I didn't get one. It's pretty heartbreaking for me. After two very good interviews I somehow managed to miss out on both schools. I guess I'll try to move on with my life here, in NY, even though I'm pretty crushed. Thanks for asking by the way!

I wish you all the best with your move to LA! Stay inspired and be creative! ;)

M Dawg, I'm so sorry to hear that! :( I hope you're at least relieved that the wait is over. It's great that you have other projects to concentrate on! Look at it this way... The more you're prepared when you go to a grad film school, the more you'll get out of it. So just keep working as hard as you can till you get there. And good luck! ;) :)

M Dawg

Thanks. I'll be working very hard to get more projects under my belt (including maybe DPing a made for tv movie produced by Syfy channel this summer; fingers crossed!) and hopefully get some additional recommendations along the way.

I hope you hear something soon! I didn't get an interview so I wouldn't worry that my rejection would necessarily carry over to you getting one. Hopefully it does indicate that you'll be notified soon, though.

Star

Hi guys,
I am new. Well...I got USC and CalArts acceptance via email on last Friday. Still cannot believe it...
I just called USC and they said they were collecting packets and mailing them out. I'll get it shortly.
Anyways I still feel surreal.

The moment I received the email I was starting to write my writing requirements for Chapman. It's really a surprise!!

ryman

Hey guys,

Wish I knew this forum existed when I was applying!

I'm IN for stark 2010... and curious to meet future classmates, or anyone that could fill me in a bit on moving to LA (campus/near-campus digs).

Thanks in advance. Meanwhile I'll have a look around the boards.

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Northwestern University - School of Communication
    4.00 star(s)
    Good for film theory, not so much for production
    *Please take this with a grain of salt, as I went to NU over a decade ago. While I was there: Classes in film theory and screenwriting were great...
    • Anonymous
  • Film And Television Institute of India
    4.00 star(s)
    Graduate Certificate, TV Direction
    I was enrolled in the 1-year Direction certificate course in the TV wing in the session 2018-19. Following are the pros and cons that I...
    • ValArya
  • University of Texas at Austin - Department of Radio-Television-Film
    4.00 star(s)
    Great film school outside of LA/NYC
    I would say overall UT's film school is a great choice! It is rated #11 on THR's Top Film School List in the U.S. Sure it's nowhere near LA or NY...
    • Anonymous
  • Columbia College Chicago - Cinema Directing (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    a great decision
    Columbia College Chicago is not only one of America's best film schools it is also one of the most affordable. The program is advertised as 2...
    • Jcromwell
  • Fitchburg State University
    4.00 star(s)
    Okay School, especially for the price
    Came in as both a transfer and commuter, so my experience was really lessened by that fact. Your time and success here is really up to you...
    • Anonymous