USC Fall 2010

Has anyone else who applied for production not yet heard back? I called the admissions office yesterday; they took my number. I called again today and they took my number again. Still no word back.

I'm almost looking forward to the inevitable rejection just to end the stress of not knowing.

M Dawg, I'm on the same boat as you. I chatted with the admissions online today, they took my name and said that I should have received an email by now. Well I never did. They said they would re-send it today and never did.

At this point I'm pretty sure I didn't get in and also very annoyed.

Sending all my positive thoughts to NYU now!

Hmm the plot thickens...

I got the same line--basically verbatim. I was told I should have received an email, too (and that someone would call back) but haven't heard anything since. I get the impression they're super busy now, but it's still strange.

USC is both my real top choice and de facto top choice since I got rejected everywhere else--so this is particularly maddening.

Hopefully you'll get into NYU and forget all about this. I'll just reapply in the spring if need be, I guess.

M Dawg, sorry to hear it's your first and last choice and you're going through the same madness! It's pretty bizarre to me. As upset as I was, I managed to calm down and keep my hope up for NYU. You're in luck, because in the worst case scenario you can re-apply to USC again this summer and don't have to wait the whole year.

Best of luck to you! Keep us posted!

You bet I did! ;) Also I receiver fin aid emails from USC before, so the address should be recognized.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone got an e-mail but not the packet in the mail?
It's making me nervous! I e-mailed admissions and they said to call them again if I haven't recived it by Friday...

omlette, you were accepted, not waitlisted, correct? A waitlisted friend of mine has yet to receive his forms in the mail (and he lives in LA).

I'm on the waitlist, and I have yet to receive my packet in the mail, and I'm in San Diego. In my email, they said they mailed it last Thursday, but I'm starting wonder...

I called and was told they sent out another batch yesterday, I too was notified last Thursday.

Are you just a waitlist or also a Spring admit?

Hey omelette - you're international right?
My friends who are intl at USC film told me that the packet will come with the I-20 (so a lot later than for the Americans)

I wouldn't worry too much...

Originally posted by omelette:
It's making me nervous! I e-mailed admissions and they said to call them again if I haven't recived it by Friday...

Originally posted by NSS:
I called and was told they sent out another batch yesterday, I too was notified last Thursday.

@NSS

I'm waitlisted for screenwriting for Fall 2010 only. They don't allow spring admissions for screenwriters, unlike you lucky production applicants. ;)

Originally posted by riddlefish:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NSS:

@NSS

I'm waitlisted for screenwriting for Fall 2010 only. They don't allow spring admissions for screenwriters, unlike you lucky production applicants. ;) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, well I'm also waitlisted for Fall 2010 only, join the club!

Hopefully you peeps without packets just got the email from admissions, saying if you haven't got your packet send them an address and they will overnight it.

I've counted 3 waitlisters on here for the MFA in screenwriting.

Anyone know how big the list is? Roughly?

Anyone else on it, or know of someone who is?

pardon my nerves.

Originally posted by 623productions:
Hey omelette - you're international right?
My friends who are intl at USC film told me that the packet will come with the I-20 (so a lot later than for the Americans)

Hey! Yes I'm an international from Lebanon.
I just got an e-mail saying that those who didn't get their packets should e-mail their mail address and they'll ship it over night!
So I did. So hopefully I'll get it tomorrow. But thanks.
Also, I have to do an I-20 transfer but I have to wait till I graduate from my school. So they'll send that later...

I wouldn't worry too much...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by omelette:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brainwashed, any news? I finally gave in and emailed Sam Kim yesterday. Still no word, though. I hope there's more to this than rudeness; even if I didn't get in (which is almost certainly the case), I think I deserve to know.

M Dwag, nope no news for me. I spoke to the graduate admissions office for the second time this week today. On Tuesday they told I should have received an email by now and that they would re-send it. They never did. I emailed them yesterday and nothing. Today they told me over the phone to email Wendy Jimenez and explain my situation.

It's very disrespectful of them. It makes a stressful process almost unbearable. I'm sure I didn't get in, but please, give me some dignity USC.

Keep me posted! And good luck with the rest of your applications!

I feel the exact same way. Obviously I feel slighted because I worked extremely hard on my app, which I thought was strong (I doubt anyone applying has substantially better academics from a better school)--but simply by virtue of paying the application fee I deserve the dignity of a response.

There's always the opportunity to reapply in spring, I guess--although I'm in no rush to go through this again. The good news for me is I may get to DP another feature and my biggest yet (for cable) on the new red camera before then. So this is my chance to really build my resumé and put together a killer reel before next round. Fingers crossed so hard on that.

(P.S. Sorry for my incredibly stupid user name; it's kind of an in-joke and I figured I'd never post but now I can't stop, apparently.)

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back