1. The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered.
  2. Did you go to film school for undergrad? Please review the school on our Film School review system. (You can review anonymously)
    Dismiss Notice

USC Feature Film Concept

Discussion in 'Graduate Film School Discussions' started by Buusey, May 14, 2018.

1. Buusey

Buusey Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Hey everyone, I'm hoping to apply for the Fall 2019 semester and had a few questions about the writing sample prompt: "Describe a concept for a feature-length movie, fiction or documentary, which you would like to develop. (No more than two pages)."

First, I was wondering about what differentiates a treatment from a concept. For UCLA, the treatment's supposed to be written in present tense and should read like a story and asks only for that in addition to a title and logline. Would my concept be similar? I'm thinking about providing a title, logline/context, main characters, then my story written in present tense, organized by 3 acts.

Second, I was hoping to write my concept about a historical event. I didn't know if the concept should be something that could theoretically be made in school and/or an original story. Would this be okay?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1