• THANKSGIVING WEEK LIFETIME SUPPORTING MEMBERSHIP SALE: If you are finding FilmSchool.org helpful, consider becoming or upgrading to a Lifetime Supporting Membership for ONLY $16! (20% off) by entering the coupon code THANKS. Coupon expires Sunday 11/29 at midnight PST.

USC Film and TV production MFA Spring 2021 Applications

Anhdn

Supporter
Mine lasted 30 minutes, and the interviewer was very kind and approachable. I came out with a mixed feeling, however, because I spitballed quite a lot because the interview became so casual and conversational haha.

@ScriptToScreenDream how did your interview with him go?

ScriptToScreenDream

Supporter
Mine lasted 30 minutes, and the interviewer was very kind and approachable. I came out with a mixed feeling, however, because I spitballed quite a lot because the interview became so casual and conversational haha.

@ScriptToScreenDream how did your interview with him go?
My interview also lasted 30 minutes! Yes, I agree the interviewer was open and easy to talk to. I had fun talking to him. We ended up talking about social media and climate change just for fun. He didn't mention anything about my application until the very end. He said he liked this one particular scene in the short film I submitted--so that made me feel good.

Anhdn

Supporter
My interview also lasted 30 minutes! Yes, I agree the interviewer was open and easy to talk to. I had fun talking to him. We ended up talking about social media and climate change just for fun. He didn't mention anything about my application until the very end. He said he liked this one particular scene in the short film I submitted--so that made me feel good.

No way! We also talked about climate change haha.

Anhdn

Supporter
Does anyone still have interviews scheduled? Trying to figure out if they might start sending out decisions soon
I have been doing some research on that, too. In the 2018 thread, they got decisions out as early as mid-October, which actually would fit your interviewer's answer about decisions going out in two-three weeks! But last year apparently they had a longer reviewing process which led to the earlier decision coming out by late October. So it's likely sometimes this month.

All we can do now is stay sane and not F5 youSC constantly ugh!

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
I have been doing some research on that, too. In the 2018 thread, they got decisions out as early as mid-October, which actually would fit your interviewer's answer about decisions going out in two-three weeks! But last year apparently they had a longer reviewing process which led to the earlier decision coming out by late October. So it's likely sometimes this month.

You can also sort by decision date in our tracker. :)

Ah that makes sense. Thank you so much! Waiting is the hardest part haha

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Hello, I was just wondering for your writing samples, which font and font size did use? Also did you double space everything? It wasn't very clear on the application requirement, unless I miss it...

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Film And Television Institute of India
    4.00 star(s)
    Graduate Certificate, TV Direction
    I was enrolled in the 1-year Direction certificate course in the TV wing in the session 2018-19. Following are the pros and cons that I...
    • ValArya
  • University of Texas at Austin - Department of Radio-Television-Film
    4.00 star(s)
    Great film school outside of LA/NYC
    I would say overall UT's film school is a great choice! It is rated #11 on THR's Top Film School List in the U.S. Sure it's nowhere near LA or NY...
    • Anonymous
  • Columbia College Chicago - Cinema Directing (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    a great decision
    Columbia College Chicago is not only one of America's best film schools it is also one of the most affordable. The program is advertised as 2...
    • Jcromwell
  • Fitchburg State University
    4.00 star(s)
    Okay School, especially for the price
    Came in as both a transfer and commuter, so my experience was really lessened by that fact. Your time and success here is really up to you...
    • Anonymous
  • SUNY Purchase - Playwriting & Screenwriting BA
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Quality Program
    I want to start off by mentioning that I came to Purchase as a transfer student from another liberal arts college and screenwriting program. This...
    • catmom