USC Film and TV production MFA Spring 2021 Applications

cheeeese3cake

hey everyone, i have a question regarding the creative portfolio list. just wondering if the actual work itself needs to be included or the list is similar to a resume where you just list the works you've done.

nducanh71

Supporter
hey everyone, i have a question regarding the creative portfolio list. just wondering if the actual work itself needs to be included or the list is similar to a resume where you just list the works you've done.

It's good practice if you don't, in my opinion. USC does not state it clearly but other schools (like Loyola) do say they do not want access to any other works than the one within your visual/writing samples. I think they are not allowed to review them during their process.

As for whether it should look like a resume, I would say do whichever you feel fits your personality and remains appropriate. Lots of applicants will do a resume, so it's good practice to think outside the box and show them you go the extra mile. I designed it into colorful magazine-style papers and add screenshots. I don't know what they thought, but at least they didn't penalize me :)

Good luck!!

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
yeah, I just got my decision notification this morning. I got in. I'm really hoping for you theVirtualFilmaker.
That's awesome! Congrats! Please add your application to the tracker when you can. :)

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews