USC Film & TV Production 2019

addik

Anyone has access to the youSC portal? Well, I just got an email from USC asking me if I could send another version of my transcript, and youSC isn't working for me.

Hmmm.... 🤔🤔

TheDirector

Hey Guys I've been a long time lurker here :D I too got on the waitlist for Production and I was wondering, does accepting the waitlist mean that you have an obligation to accept either a position in the fall if it opens up or the one in spring 2020 (sort of like an ED)? I ask because I am still waiting to hear back on decisions from a couple of other schools and don't want to commit to anything before I know!

TayTay

Hey Guys I've been a long time lurker here :D I too got on the waitlist for Production and I was wondering, does accepting the waitlist mean that you have an obligation to accept either a position in the fall if it opens up or the one in spring 2020 (sort of like an ED)? I ask because I am still waiting to hear back on decisions from a couple of other schools and don't want to commit to anything before I know!
I assume you would still have to pay the 1000 to secure your spot either way

JOZHOU0531

I submitted my second application for MFA Film & TV production on Dec 10th, 2018. (it already passed the deadline, but the admission push back the deadline for me, cause I failed on last term Spring 2019.) I guess it is the latest submission. I saw a lot of people get interview notification. But I didn't hear any news from USC. I start to feel anxiety.

Art1014

Supporting Member
Anyone has access to the youSC portal? Well, I just got an email from USC asking me if I could send another version of my transcript, and youSC isn't working for me.

Hmmm.... 🤔🤔
Mine wasn’t working either - try asking them if there’s a direct email you can send your transcript to or wait a couple days to see if youSC is just taking a weirdly long time to update 👍

addik

Mine wasn’t working either - try asking them if there’s a direct email you can send your transcript to or wait a couple days to see if youSC is just taking a weirdly long time to update 👍
Yep, already sent them through the direct email address they gave me! It's a pretty weird situation overall, since I can't imagine them asking me to reupload my transcript if they were just going to outright reject me there and then (and this is after my MA uni here held my transcript for months even after the deadline pass for bureaucratic reasons).

I guess I just have to wait for this to sort out to get a clear answer. Congrats to everyone who got waitlisted, I hope I get to join you, one way or another!

Yaxing Lin

Yes, I emailed the admission office, they told me it’s Guaranteed for Spring 2020 but waitlisted for Spring 2019.

Congratulations!!!

Art1014

Supporting Member
Yes, I emailed the admission office, they told me it’s Guaranteed for Spring 2020 but waitlisted for Spring 2019.

Congratulations!!!
wait sry just to clarify you meant guaranteed for Spring 2020 but waitlisted for FALL 2019 right

starrcinema

Hi all, I just joined this conversation quite late.. but I applied back in November and haven't still heard anything. I'm hoping for the best. All of this feedback is super helpful! Congrats for those of you who got accepted and interviews!

EmmaSwan

Hi all, I just joined this conversation quite late.. but I applied back in November and haven't still heard anything. I'm hoping for the best. All of this feedback is super helpful! Congrats for those of you who got accepted and interviews!
Welcome! I still haven’t heard anything yet either :-/

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Cal State Northridge (CSUN) - MFA in Screenwriting Program
    3.00 star(s)
    I was accepted to the CSUN MFA program in 2018 and took part in in for a full year; however, I recently decided not to go back and complete the...
    • Anonymous
  • Savannah College of Art and Design (MFA)
    1.00 star(s)
    The school is a complete honeypot, department head Donald.W Moffett has limited film production experience and has not idea how to properly guide...
    • Anonymous
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Emerson opened a lot of doors for me, so I can't dismiss that fact. However, I don't think it was necessary for me to go to Emerson as opposed to...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Kanbar Institute of Film and Television (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    Currently in my third year of my MFA at NYU Tisch Grad Film (writing/directing). I cannot praise this program enough! It exceeded any expectation...
    • Anonymous
  • National Film and Television School (NFTS)
    5.00 star(s)
    I'm currently in my first year of a 2 year MA at the NFTS. I saw these relatively negative reviews about the NFTS before I applied, but I can now...
    • VDW