USC Film & TV Production 2019

Still haven't gotten an any requests, I don't think they've even watched my film yet, so I think they're still going through the apps (I hope)

BTW are you guys talking about the MFA or BA?

Still haven't gotten an any requests, I don't think they've even watched my film yet, so I think they're still going through the apps (I hope)

BTW are you guys talking about the MFA or BA?
MFA, this thread is in the graduate forum.

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
FYI To see how many people applied to a certain program in the tracker use the advanced search and choose the current Application period. Here's the results for usc film 2019:

Search results for query: Usc film

Add your USC application as soon as you can to help everyone keep track. More features hopefully coming soon to make the built in application tracker even better.

I received an "interview" on January 10th, although it was not much of an interview at all. It completely caught me off guard that I had received at call from USC... he was a professor who had, as indicated above, "wanted to get a feel" for who the real person was behind my application. The professor mentioned that I was not guaranteed admission at that time, but claimed he was very impressed with my application. I'm not sure how good those odds are, now I am very nervous with the plain possibility being accepted, whereas before the call, I felt I had no chance at all!! Does anybody have any info about this stage?

I forgot to mention, I received the call out of the blue. No preparations, no thinking, no email. Just a call with the caller ID from Los Angeles, CA. Be on the lookout ppl you probs don't wanna miss that call lol

osmosisjonesiz

Hey guys, new to the forum but just wanting to chime in and mention that I just had my interview this morning after receiving a notification two days ago. Wishing everyone luck with their pending interviews!

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
Hey guys, new to the forum but just wanting to chime in and mention that I just had my interview this morning after receiving a notification two days ago. Wishing everyone luck with their pending interviews!
How'd it go? Anything interesting or unexpected that they asked you?

osmosisjonesiz

How'd it go? Anything interesting or unexpected that they asked you?
Hoping it went well! I was a bit nervous but the professor that interviewed me was super friendly! The questions were fairly standard, "Why USC?", "What aspect of production did I want to work in?", "What have I been watching lately?", "Did I have any other interests outside of film making?". I guess the only unexpected thing was that he started off the interview by asking me what my questions for him were. Fingers crossed for the decision!

estherk

I received an "interview" on January 10th, although it was not much of an interview at all. It completely caught me off guard that I had received at call from USC... he was a professor who had, as indicated above, "wanted to get a feel" for who the real person was behind my application. The professor mentioned that I was not guaranteed admission at that time, but claimed he was very impressed with my application. I'm not sure how good those odds are, now I am very nervous with the plain possibility being accepted, whereas before the call, I felt I had no chance at all!! Does anybody have any info about this stage?
it's just waiting at this point, which is rough, i'll admit. but if you feel like your interviewer liked you and that it went well then you should feel optimistic about getting in. i didn't do that well on my interview (yet felt like the interviewer still liked my personality) so i knew that at the least i wasn't going to be rejected. despite that i managed to get waitlisted and then got off the waitlist. the good thing about fall applications is that waitlisted folks get guaranteed admissions in the spring. so your chances should be high if you feel good about it.

Cindy

Hi Everyone,

I have a question for you guys. I got a waitlist in the spring semester. They said i m being considered for Fall 2019 admission consideration. I will receive the decision by mid-March. Have someone had the situation like me before or right now? I haven't received any interview yet. I m afraid I even don't have a chance to the Fall semester right now.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews