USC Film & TV Production 2019

EmmaSwan

Are these the actual, formal interviews people are getting with the calls? Or are these some preliminary phone calls happening?

EmmaSwan

Hi,

Who's applying this year? Let's kill some time here while we wait for results.
I did! First time applying to USC. Last year I applied to AFI for the Directing MFA, got an interview, but didn’t get in, so this year I decided to go for what I thought was the unattainable aka USC! Fingers crossed!

EmmaSwan

It’s definitely an interview, but not formal or super crazy, they’re looking for personality I believe. I assume calls are scheduled for international applicants, but not ones in the similar time zones.
Interesting! I am an international applicant from Canada, so that’s good to know the calls are a possibility soon

estherk

i actually think that a small percentage of applicants get interviewed. my interviewer said he only reached out to people he considered top applicants. i imagine usc gets a ton of applications and i doubt they have the time or manpower to talk to most people. usc is unique in that you can still get in without an interview, so not getting one doesn't necessarily mean anything bad.

i got an e-mail for my interview (because i lived in korea) and it was schedule for 2 days later. it's pretty short notice either way, they seem to like seeing how you are on the spot (at least that is my theory). if you haven't heard anything there's definitely still hope!

Just finished Skyping with a faculty member. She's extremely nice, and mostly asked about my application.
Good luck everyone for the interview!

Congrats! Do you feel like it went well?
I'm not sure because I was a bit nervous but she was very friendly and positive...
She did tell me that she handled 31 applications, 8 of which are interviewed and 4 out of these 8 would later be recommended for the class. But I think it might differ from each faculty member?

EmmaSwan

Hi,

Who's applying this year? Let's kill some time here while we wait for results.
Should we be paying attention to our YouSC account for our admittance/rejection, or will we get an email notification? Or both? Does anyone know the expected date?

estherk

Should we be paying attention to our YouSC account for our admittance/rejection, or will we get an email notification? Or both? Does anyone know the expected date?
you get an e-mail that has your decision in it. you only get a notification from yousc if you are accepted (with an official letter from the school), but that happens several days after the preliminary e-mail. i'm not sure about the dates, though.

Art1014

Hi! Late to the party but have applied and was interviewed this week. What’s the next step/when do we hear back? Trying to distract myself with work but it’s been a struggle

Brooklyn

Hi! Late to the party but have applied and was interviewed this week. What’s the next step/when do we hear back? Trying to distract myself with work but it’s been a struggle
Yea I have the same question. Did anybody ask when are they sending out acceptance or rejection letters? I had my interview last month and was told by some guy from the administration: "You'll hear from us on March"... but when exactly???

addik

Just registered!

Sent in my application for Fall 2019 but I ran into some problems getting my transcript of records from my MA program (they only cleared my transcript now and I still have to wait for a few days to get it). Initially, they didn't ask for my transcript but only asked for it before the holidays started which explains why I am pretty delayed. I wonder how that would play in my application.

In any case, do they schedule interviews all throughout the month or will they be done by interviews at this point? Thanks!

Latest Applications

Latest reviews