She was contacted on Sunday. But from what we have read from the article posted above and from the email she received it is very clear this doesn't mean she has been accepted. Apparently 1/2 the people who are accepted are not interviewed and of those who are interviewed many do not get in. Normally she would post here to ask but this herself but this comes on the 1 week she has an extraordinary amount of work to do for her internship and volunteer positions.

q64

She was contacted on Sunday. But from what we have read from the article posted above and from the email she received it is very clear this doesn't mean she has been accepted. Apparently 1/2 the people who are accepted are not interviewed and of those who are interviewed many do not get in. Normally she would post here to ask but this herself but this comes on the 1 week she has an extraordinary amount of work to do for her internship and volunteer positions.

Cool. I wish her good luck!

q64

Do the interview requests for undergrads for out in waves? I know it depends on professors reviewing the application, but I am curious about the period during which professors send out requests. Is it normally a one-week span?

Someone asked and yes she applied for film production.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
If any of you are applying for a different undergrad film program as well please feel free to create an application thread for those as well to meet your fellow applicants. :)

Just a quick update. My daughter enjoyed her interview. She said they talked about her film and one of her essays from her portfolio and the program.
She is in meetings all day today and this weekend and then the big projects for her jobs will be over for a while and she will be able to post more info on the thread next week if anyone wants to know more.
Good luck to everyone! I know everyone worked so hard on their applications. As a parent I amd so impressed with all the work that went into applying to these programs and I hope you take a moment and appreciate what you have done! It is an accomplishment in and of itself and shows you have the work ethic to go far in your life.

q64

Someone on Reddit claimed he/she got an interview request today this morning. So the requests still seem to be going out.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Oh. I don't know sorry. There's not a huge sample unfortunately but you can check decision dates in our database from previous years.

q64

Does anyone know how often common app is reviewed at SCA? One of the most surprising things I heard during an SCA virtual information session is that SCA itself doesn’t really review common app. This question was brought up multiple times, but they vaguely answered by saying they have ‘access’ to common app, and that they can ‘request’ the application data ‘if needed.’ If SCA really has the final say on admits (my admission counselor said ‘talent-based programs’ make the decisions because “they’re the experts”), one can get admitted to or rejected by SCA without a single word on his/her common app being read by those who make decisions. This could mean SCA not considering crucial information available on common app such as extracurriculars/awards/internships/volunteers, common app personal statement, USC supplemental essays, course rigor, etc.

Latest Accepted Applications

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Hofstra University - Department of Radio, Television, Film
    5.00 star(s)
    Quality Facilities, Caring Professors
    Great school that prepares you for the New York film and television scene. The facilities are state of the art and the teachers are top notch.
    • joekgilberto
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Go if you have a sizable scholarship
    Ultimately glad I went, but my overall experience at Emerson felt very lackluster. The courses were good, but nothing really worth sinking almost...
    • Anonymous
  • USC School of Cinematic Arts (BA/BFA)
    5.00 star(s)
    A Journey Most Illuminating
    I started my USC adventure as a Theatre major. I quickly discovered that I needed to change paths, and film had always been of interest. I thought...
    • JHD
  • London Film School (LFS) - Directing Summer School with Udayan Prasad
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Filmmaking Intensive, Though Pricey
    I attended this summer program in 2019. I wanted to try out directing in an environment where I would get feedback on my work and where I could...
    • llueve
  • Northwestern University - School of Communication
    4.00 star(s)
    Good for film theory, not so much for production
    *Please take this with a grain of salt, as I went to NU over a decade ago. While I was there: Classes in film theory and screenwriting were great...
    • Anonymous

Latest Accepted Applications