She was contacted on Sunday. But from what we have read from the article posted above and from the email she received it is very clear this doesn't mean she has been accepted. Apparently 1/2 the people who are accepted are not interviewed and of those who are interviewed many do not get in. Normally she would post here to ask but this herself but this comes on the 1 week she has an extraordinary amount of work to do for her internship and volunteer positions.

She was contacted on Sunday. But from what we have read from the article posted above and from the email she received it is very clear this doesn't mean she has been accepted. Apparently 1/2 the people who are accepted are not interviewed and of those who are interviewed many do not get in. Normally she would post here to ask but this herself but this comes on the 1 week she has an extraordinary amount of work to do for her internship and volunteer positions.

Cool. I wish her good luck!

Do the interview requests for undergrads for out in waves? I know it depends on professors reviewing the application, but I am curious about the period during which professors send out requests. Is it normally a one-week span?

Someone asked and yes she applied for film production.

If any of you are applying for a different undergrad film program as well please feel free to create an application thread for those as well to meet your fellow applicants. :)

Just a quick update. My daughter enjoyed her interview. She said they talked about her film and one of her essays from her portfolio and the program.
She is in meetings all day today and this weekend and then the big projects for her jobs will be over for a while and she will be able to post more info on the thread next week if anyone wants to know more.
Good luck to everyone! I know everyone worked so hard on their applications. As a parent I amd so impressed with all the work that went into applying to these programs and I hope you take a moment and appreciate what you have done! It is an accomplishment in and of itself and shows you have the work ethic to go far in your life.

Someone on Reddit claimed he/she got an interview request today this morning. So the requests still seem to be going out.

MFA acceptances are rolling in. Any updates on BFA side?

No words from SCA yet. USC says decisions for all undergrad programs will be announced by April 1. Has SCA announced decisions for BFA earlier than other programs?

No words from SCA yet. USC says decisions for all undergrad programs will be announced by April 1. Has SCA announced decisions for BFA earlier than other programs?
For graduate? I think FSU already sent decisions.

Oh. I don't know sorry. There's not a huge sample unfortunately but you can check decision dates in our database from previous years.

Does anyone know how often common app is reviewed at SCA? One of the most surprising things I heard during an SCA virtual information session is that SCA itself doesn’t really review common app. This question was brought up multiple times, but they vaguely answered by saying they have ‘access’ to common app, and that they can ‘request’ the application data ‘if needed.’ If SCA really has the final say on admits (my admission counselor said ‘talent-based programs’ make the decisions because “they’re the experts”), one can get admitted to or rejected by SCA without a single word on his/her common app being read by those who make decisions. This could mean SCA not considering crucial information available on common app such as extracurriculars/awards/internships/volunteers, common app personal statement, USC supplemental essays, course rigor, etc.

Being Creative in Stillness: A Conversation With Nolan Lampson, Writing for Film & Television Freshman at USC

Being Creative in Stillness: A Conversation With Nolan Lampson, Writing for Film & Television Freshman at USC

Nolan Lampson (Filmschool.org Member @kukichiyo3) sits in his dorm room with his roommate, who is folding laundry and listening to Air pods. Their walls are covered in posters for hit indie films like The Florida Project. Lampson has spent all of his freshman year working out of their small...

New article with current undergraduate student is up. :)

Damn I didn’t get in. Gonna apply again this year lol. Congrats to all who was accepted. You truly earned it.

Damn I didn’t get in. Gonna apply again this year lol. Congrats to all who was accepted. You truly earned it.
Doh! Be sure to add your application to our database to improve our data.

Here's our brand new Acceptance Data page for USC:

It needs more applications to improve the data. :)

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back