• THANKSGIVING WEEK LIFETIME SUPPORTING MEMBERSHIP SALE: If you are finding FilmSchool.org helpful, consider becoming or upgrading to a Lifetime Supporting Membership for ONLY $16! (20% off) by entering the coupon code THANKS. Coupon expires Sunday 11/29 at midnight PST.

USC Film & TV Production MFA Fall 2021 Applicants Unite!

ShereanJ

It's an unprecedented time to apply for film schools in LA but here we are, friends. Good luck to everyone! Looking forward to agonizing and swapping essays together :)
I would love to connect and come together to see how we can strengthen our applications together. I spoke with a current student and she mentioned she and her friends did this.

ScriptToScreenDream

Supporter
So I was waitlisted for Spring 2021. I've read that the Personal Statement is really important. My original Personal Statement stuck out enough for USC to want to interview me. I'm having trouble deciding to alter my Personal Statement for my Fall 2021 app. Do I do a completely new one? Or should I stick with the same statement, since it got USC's attention?

Please help asap, thank you!

deeoz

So I was waitlisted for Spring 2021. I've read that the Personal Statement is really important. My original Personal Statement stuck out enough for USC to want to interview me. I'm having trouble deciding to alter my Personal Statement for my Fall 2021 app. Do I do a completely new one? Or should I stick with the same statement, since it got USC's attention?

Please help asap, thank you!
I was thinking of just editing mine. But I'm not sure where it needs improvement. If anyone can help me review mine that would be great!

angelah

Supporter
Does anyone wanna swap personal statements? I'm a first time applicant so idek if I'm on the right track ;-;

Hello got a question regarding the concept for a feature film (#3 on writing sample): should I write it in screenplay format? I saw most film treatments are in screenplay format.
Also hasn't anyone NOT submitted their applications yet? Does handing it in on Nov 15 affect USC's decision... i am so stressed atm :(

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Todays the day! (midnight deadline) How many still haven't gotten their applications in?

***VERY IMPORTANT*** DO NOT WAIT UNTIL LAST MINUTE!

There's been many cases over the years where people wait until the last minute and theirs a technical issue and they miss the deadline.

Don't let that be you!!!!

Cy98

Hi everyone! Does anyone have any tips on how to forgot about USC until February? I’m always checking my emails, but I know deep down I won’t hear from USC for months

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Film And Television Institute of India
    4.00 star(s)
    Graduate Certificate, TV Direction
    I was enrolled in the 1-year Direction certificate course in the TV wing in the session 2018-19. Following are the pros and cons that I...
    • ValArya
  • University of Texas at Austin - Department of Radio-Television-Film
    4.00 star(s)
    Great film school outside of LA/NYC
    I would say overall UT's film school is a great choice! It is rated #11 on THR's Top Film School List in the U.S. Sure it's nowhere near LA or NY...
    • Anonymous
  • Columbia College Chicago - Cinema Directing (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    a great decision
    Columbia College Chicago is not only one of America's best film schools it is also one of the most affordable. The program is advertised as 2...
    • Jcromwell
  • Fitchburg State University
    4.00 star(s)
    Okay School, especially for the price
    Came in as both a transfer and commuter, so my experience was really lessened by that fact. Your time and success here is really up to you...
    • Anonymous
  • SUNY Purchase - Playwriting & Screenwriting BA
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Quality Program
    I want to start off by mentioning that I came to Purchase as a transfer student from another liberal arts college and screenwriting program. This...
    • catmom