USC Film & TV Production MFA Fall 2021 Applicants Unite!

TheVirtualFilmmaker

Supporter
The one time email is definitely interesting- but I feel like with all BS & MFA programs USC has, the dumps might happen around a certain hour over the course of days
I guess what worries me more is that historically, the domestic applicants are sent acceptances after the international. Since one international student and quite a few domestic already received their acceptances, I don't know if I still stand a chance as an international applicant

I guess what worries me more is that historically, the domestic applicants are sent acceptances after the international. Since one international student and quite a few domestic already received their acceptances, I don't know if I still stand a chance as an international applicant
Okay, I tried to do a detailed breakdown of Fall 2020 acceptances:
For Saturday, 2/29: one international, one domestic
Sunday, 3/01: two international
Monday, 3/02: one international, four domestic
Tuesday, 3/03: one domestic
Then it seems like all waitlists starting 3/04

Of course this is assuming that everyone is giving accurate dates.

TheVirtualFilmmaker

Supporter
Okay, I tried to do a detailed breakdown of Fall 2020 acceptances:
For Saturday, 2/29: one international, one domestic
Sunday, 3/01: two international
Monday, 3/02: one international, four domestic
Tuesday, 3/03: one domestic
Then it seems like all waitlists starting 3/04

Of course this is assuming that everyone is giving accurate dates.
Wow looks like we might still stand a chance afterall

rainydays

Supporter+
Hi there, New here - sending good energy and thoughts to all.

I received acceptance yesterday and had a couple of quick questions to @rainydays and other internationals (I'm from UK).

1) did you receive an email directly from the School of Cinematic arts or a YOUSC notification?
2) are you guys all sending off passport and financial support docs already or waiting to hear from other schools? I'm not too sure whether sending off financial docs is confirmation of enrolment or not. (If anyone has any info on that - much appreciated).
So the email was from gradadm@usc.edu and it told me a decision has been made and to log into the YouSC to recieve it. I'm really not sure about the financial stuff, I submitted my FAFSA November 15th but at first glance it seemed like they hadn't received any financial information in the YouSC portal, I have to read it more in depth and check.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
i got in!!

I just got the email an hour ago.. I’ve been accepted. Bouncing off the walls right now! I’m domestic, FWIW.

I got my acceptance! I'm a domestic student

I GOT IN!

Hi there, New here - sending good energy and thoughts to all.

I received acceptance yesterday and had a couple of quick questions to @rainydays and other internationals (I'm from UK).

1) did you receive an email directly from the School of Cinematic arts or a YOUSC notification?
2) are you guys all sending off passport and financial support docs already or waiting to hear from other schools? I'm not too sure whether sending off financial docs is confirmation of enrolment or not. (If anyone has any info on that - much appreciated).

Got in!! I'm a domestic student as well.

Just got my acceptance offer! 🙌🏻

Just checked my email - I got in!!!! It was sent at 1:34am. Was almost too shaky to prove to the yousc portal I wasn’t a robot haha
Woohoo!!!! Congrats everyone!

To join the private USC forums for accepted students use this link below:

You need to be a Supporting Member to join but you'll get permanent access to the private forum. You post threads and meet your fellow applicants there:

Also if you're accepted please be sure to update your Applications in our database with as much info as you can such as notification dates, GPA, portfolios, etc as it'll be a huge help to others. (Most of that data is only visible to members and not public web or Google) The more data the site has the more accurate the acceptance data is.

Again huge congrats to everyone!

And to those who did not get in yet do not give up hope. Acceptance may still be coming and even if it isn't this round it does not define you. Keep at it. Keep creating. 👊

Last edited:

rainydays

Supporter+
For everyone still waiting, you got this!!! 🥰 I'm sure they're sending out acceptances in waves.

For other people who were accepted, does anyone know what we do next? Like when is the deposit due to confirm our spot, do we submit the statement of intent only when we're sure or just to hold the spot, etc. And when do we see how much financial aid we got? Are there other financial forms we have to submit first? But if there are, does submitting those forms mean we're confirming acceptance or just securing our spot?

I'm waiting on other schools to see how much aid I may get from them as well if I happen to get accepted, so I don't want to hard commit to USC but I also want to secure my spot and I didn't see anything telling me what to do on the YouSc lol (I may have just missed it though this is all intense haha).

Cy98

Congrats to those who got accepted! You should all be proud of this amazing accomplishment!

And to those waiting to hear back, like me, we got this! An applicant last year found out they were accepted in March 26th.

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Data, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience data, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Data tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Brooklyn College (CUNY) Feirstein - MFA in Cinematography
    1.00 star(s)
    A Mess
    It took me a while to write this review but when I saw there were none from current students I felt it was important to do so. I came to Feirstein...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Undergraduate Film & Television
    5.00 star(s)
    I had a great time here but that was back in the late 90s
    I loved NYU. I was a pre-med student who transferred in 1999 and graduated 2001. I received two scholarships, multiple grants and loans. They had...
    • anniewaits
  • Boston University - College of Communication (M.F.A. Screenwriting)
    4.00 star(s)
    Screenwriting Program Review by a Second Year Student
    Current student in the screenwriting MFA program at BU. There’s a lot to love in this program, I think overall it is one of the more underrated...
    • Cody Young
  • Hofstra University - Department of Radio, Television, Film
    5.00 star(s)
    Quality Facilities, Caring Professors
    Great school that prepares you for the New York film and television scene. The facilities are state of the art and the teachers are top notch.
    • joekgilberto
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Go if you have a sizable scholarship
    Ultimately glad I went, but my overall experience at Emerson felt very lackluster. The courses were good, but nothing really worth sinking almost...
    • Anonymous

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications