USC Film & TV Production MFA Fall 2021 Applicants Unite!

TheVirtualFilmmaker

Supporter
I think someone on this forum received an interview request over the weekend. So they could still be sending out interview notifications. Also from what I know, interviews don't really have much of an impact on the final decision.

Isthison?

I think someone on this forum received an interview request over the weekend. So they could still be sending out interview notifications. Also from what I know, interviews don't really have much of an impact on the final decision.
yeah that would be me. I have no idea what's happening lol. This is certainly hindsight bias - but I should've asked about timeline. But then again, it's not really up to them specifically, so maybe I wouldn't've gathered anything solid

Isthison?

I know a recent USC mfa alum and he said that acceptances usually come out a good amount of time before waitlistings/rejections. That does seem to follow precedent, but yeah - no idea if the timeline has shifted

cgold

Supporter+
From my stalking of this website, in 2020 most people got their acceptances the first week of March, followed by waitlists and rejections towards the end of March.

in 2019 they started hearing on feb 16... so who knows!!!

Isthison?

From my stalking of this website, in 2020 most people got their acceptances the first week of March, followed by waitlists and rejections towards the end of March.

in 2019 they started hearing on feb 16... so who knows!!!
oh man - that's anxiety inducing lol, what a fascinating gap between the two haha

rainydays

Supporter+
did anyone else get a text and phone call out of the blue?
I just got a really random sounding email from what I think may be a professor? But I'm not sure if it's real or not.

cgold

Supporter+
I just got a really random sounding email from what I think may be a professor? But I'm not sure if it's real or not.
What did it say???!

rainydays

Supporter+
What did it say???!
I think it may actually be real now so I replied last night 😳.

It was like I've reviewed your application for USC Cinema School and would like to interview you through Zoom, are you free tomorrow?

And the email it was sent from was a USC email and the name was a professor there.

I am shook haha I thought interviews were over and I didn't get one.

cgold

Supporter+
I think it may actually be real now so I replied last night 😳.

It was like I've reviewed your application for USC Cinema School and would like to interview you through Zoom, are you free tomorrow?

And the email it was sent from was a USC email and the name was a professor there.

I am shook haha I thought interviews were over and I didn't get one.
Oh yes, I had a similar email from my interviewer!
That is so exciting, good luck!

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest reviews

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications