USC MFA 2018 Spring Applications.

lianlee

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!!!
I was wondering, did anybody hear anything back since the last wave of the acceptance??

I still hear nothing back :( ....

lianlee

Ok I called them today, but the woman who answered the call seemed pretty confused....?

She said they have already posted most of the decisions, and we would hear back by the end of October for sure

Jason

I followed up as well. The girl said that there still sending out decisions and that we'll hear back by November 1. If you call up with your USC ID, she'll let you know if a decision has been posted.

I hear back from the school at 7:06 PM EST today. I am waitlisted...
You're still in the game! My letter said that all accepted students had to submit their intent to enroll by November 1st. So, maybe once they get an accurate count of who will be accepting and who will not, things will start moving on the waitlist. Hang in there! I know it's intense, but I figured if I were in the same position I would want to know any information to calm my nerves.

lianlee

You're still in the game! My letter said that all accepted students had to submit their intent to enroll by November 1st. So, maybe once they get an accurate count of who will be accepting and who will not, things will start moving on the waitlist. Hang in there! I know it's intense, but I figured if I were in the same position I would want to know any information to calm my nerves.
Thank you so much!!! Yeah I am pretty nervous about the results now, but I hope I could enroll for fall 2018 if I can do it lol because the rest of the time is too short for me to move from nyc to LA... because originally I thought I would be rejected again lol

Last edited:

Luna

I haven't heard from them. I submitted my application in the last few seconds by the ddl, how about you guys? Does this determine the order of when you get your decision?

Jason

I called up again and they told me all the decisions aren't yet sent out and that everyone will hear in "2-3 days"

lianlee

This site has been helping me a lot so this piece of information is for future Spring applicants:

For Fall admission, if you're waitlisted, this is a guaranteed admission for Spring.

However, for Spring, I heard somebody did get a fall admission after he was waitlisted in the spring, but I need to confirm it.

After I called the office several times, this is what I got from the office, if you're waitlisted for spring admission , this is not a guaranteed admission for next Fall. If you're waitlisted but you don't get in in spring, your application probably will automatically go into next round of application process, and they will treat it as a new application.

So I guess the best way to deal with it is to improve your application and submit it voluntarily even though you're still in the waitlist for the spring semester lol.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews