USC MFA Applicants Spring 2015

Scorsitchcubrick

Hey everyone,

Prospective student here who plans on submitting an application for the Spring of 2015. I was just wondering if anyone knew when the application process actually opens up. I only found information for the deadline, which is August 1st.

Scorsitchcubrick

I spoke with someone in the School of Cinematic Arts and was informed that they begin accepting applications a month before the deadline, so July 1st it opens up.

Mate Boegi

Hey there,

I'm reapplying for Spring 2015!

Have you guys seen the new "Slideroom" application? I'm a little confused; do I have to upload a personal statement to Slideroom and to USC application (usc.edu)?

Or I only need to upload documents to Slideroom?

Thanks!

Scorsitchcubrick

Hey there,

I'm reapplying for Spring 2015!

Have you guys seen the new "Slideroom" application? I'm a little confused; do I have to upload a personal statement to Slideroom and to USC application (usc.edu)?

Or I only need to upload documents to Slideroom?

Thanks!

Yes, I believe you have to upload your personal statement to both the USC application and the slide room application as well.

Scorsitchcubrick

Despite only deciding to apply with one week left in the process, I managed to get everything turned in on time and applied :) I wonder how many of us there are/how many are on a wait list from last semester....

Mate Boegi

They have started going through our stuff that's for sure. I just got a mail saying my Official Transcripts are missing... Damn USPS actually delivered today... My university shipped it out July 18th.

pnrt7

Hello guys, I was accepted to USC for the MFA in Film Production for Spring 2015. Let me know who got accepted too so we can get to know each other since we will be future classmates!
Good Luck to everyone!

Scorsitchcubrick

Hello guys, I was accepted to USC for the MFA in Film Production for Spring 2015. Let me know who got accepted too so we can get to know each other since we will be future classmates!
Good Luck to everyone!
Congrats pnrt7! Did you have a secured spot from last semester's application? Seems like it will be another couple of months before the rest of us know anything.

pnrt7

Thanks! yeah I was waitlisted or fall with with the spot for the Spring already. I don't know how many spots are left for the spring, but I met a couple of students on April that have the same situation than me. I'm not sure how that really works though. Good luck to everyone! Keep it updated!

kazedragon

I also am reapplying. Last time I was waitlisted for the spring......so maybe this time I can move up and get in. Well, hoping at least. I think my application was stronger than last time. But it would be nice to know how many spots they have open for people who are actually applying vs. who gets in from the Fall waitlist.

pnrt7

Well, the acceptance letter for what they told me they would give it to us after the August the 22nd, that is the last day of waitlist for the Fall term. So probably next week I will have it. I know I got confused when I received the letter that says that I am in waitlisted but with a a secure spot for Spring. So when I came to LA for a student day that they invite us I ask the people of the university to confirm if that meant that I am really in for the Spring and they say yes, but since I also chose to be waitlisted for the fall if any spot opens up, then the letter of acceptance I sill don't have it, but my spot is secure that I start in January.
I really don't know how many spots are still available for the Spring, but I met many students already that are already accepted for Spring, same case as me.

Mate Boegi

@pnrt7
Well, the acceptance letter for what they told me they would give it to us after the August the 22nd, that is the last day of waitlist for the Fall term. So probably next week I will have it. I know I got confused when I received the letter that says that I am in waitlisted but with a a secure spot for Spring. So when I came to LA for a student day that they invite us I ask the people of the university to confirm if that meant that I am really in for the Spring and they say yes, but since I also chose to be waitlisted for the fall if any spot opens up, then the letter of acceptance I sill don't have it, but my spot is secure that I start in January.
I really don't know how many spots are still available for the Spring, but I met many students already that are already accepted for Spring, same case as me.
How many is "many"... 5-10-20...? There must be spots left, otherwise why let people apply to spring...

kazedragon

@pnrt7

How many is "many"... 5-10-20...? There must be spots left, otherwise why let people apply to spring...
I have to agree that there must be spots open. Especially since Spring waitlist kids don't get an automatic enrollment into the Fall. I mean, if they did get the auto-enroll into the Fall, then even if all the Spring spots were filled from the previous Fall's waitlist applicants, then there would still be merit to accepting applications during the Spring. But that isn't the case. Of course, there could be only 5-10 spots left. Does anyone know the estimate of how many people they are accepting now? Last I heard it was something around 50 total?

pnrt7

I think they are 50 in total that they accept per semester for production. I met at least 10 people that were accepted for the Spring already in April.

JFadley

I think they are 50 in total that they accept per semester for production. I met at least 10 people that were accepted for the Spring already in April.
I wish we would have met back in April for the Grad Admit Day. We should be getting our packet in the mail by the end of next week. PM me I might have some info for you and vice versa. Right now, looking for places close by to Campus.

**Actually, if anyone here is former wait list PM me. I have copy of the syllabus and for those who get in for spring hit me up later. I'll start a FB page for us before we start to help ease the transition out to LA.**

hey I was waitlisted for the fall and accepted for the spring. I haven't recieved any other information yet and its driving me nuts.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• International Film Institute of New York
    5.00 star(s)
    The summer intensive film program at Sarah Lawrence was fantastic. We were taught by industry professionals, whom had many years of experience...
    • Ldc88
    5.00 star(s)
    I experienced the most incredible summer at IFI, and I wish I could relive it every day! however, since I cannot , I make do by taking what I...
    • Anonymous
    5.00 star(s)
    I have been engaged with filmmaking since the age of 9 and was searching for a course that could further my knoll which is not always easy to...
    • sgabor
    5.00 star(s)
    The Sarah Lawrence Filmmaker's Collective was the top experience I've had at a summer film program. Start to finish, their top priority was that...
    • sammaggs
    5.00 star(s)
    I went into this camp uncertain of what I wanted to do in college. When I finished the five week intensive program, I knew what I wanted to do for...
    • JacobNurse