USC MFA Applicants Spring 2015

Dreamashlee

Hi guys! I'm in for the Spring 2015 class (one of the waiting list from fall peeps)
Wanna get to know my fellow Trojans classmate ... my FB name is " Thanika Jenjesda " add me ;B

JFadley

Hi guys. I know you're all still waiting to hear from USC, and I remember the anxiety I went through just to hear anything. But when you do get that good news, hit me up. I've started a FB group for our 15' Spring Class.

sunguitar

Thanks!
I got an unexpected phone call from USC on 10/3. Just asked me a few questiones and informed me this is the interview.
Yes! Persistence pays off! Never give up, guys.

kazedragon

Congrats! I thought things were going really slow with informing people. But maybe you're the start of things.

JFadley

Thanks!
I got an unexpected phone call from USC on 10/3. Just asked me a few questiones and informed me this is the interview.
Yes! Persistence pays off! Never give up, guys.
Send me a PM so I can add you to our FB USC Spring Class group

Darky

Hi guys,

Just got the admission letter. I've applied to USC for three times. Finally, I got in. So, don't give up!
Congratulations! Don't give up is right. You must be pumped. Seeing you went through the process before, can I ask if you applied year to year? Or if did you take two years between application, etc.?

Also do you know if it's true you can only apply three times to USC, or did they get rid of that rule?

sunguitar

Congratulations! Don't give up is right. You must be pumped. Seeing you went through the process before, can I ask if you applied year to year? Or if did you take two years between application, etc.?

Also do you know if it's true you can only apply three times to USC, or did they get rid of that rule?
Yes, I applied to USC fall 2013, fall 2014, and spring 2015. For the first two times I even didn't get the interview.

And for the second question, I don't know if there is a rule about you can only apply three times to USC. This is the first time I hear this rule.

Blithe Ferro

I received my upbeat rejection letter on Saturday. I'm wondering for those who reapplied how much of your submission did you change? Or did you keep everything you submitted the same?

hopeforever

I havent heard anything yet? Did you get an actual mailed letter, email or status update on USConnect?

While I am happy for anyone who gets in, I cant help wonder about the integrity of the process. I was on the orginial interview list and had a formal interview with a professor. However, it seems like they also just made phone calls after the formal interviews and called that an "interview". Ok if I wasnt selected, guess I'll apply again.

Darky

Yes, I applied to USC fall 2013, fall 2014, and spring 2015. For the first two times I even didn't get the interview.

And for the second question, I don't know if there is a rule about you can only apply three times to USC. This is the first time I hear this rule.
Thanks for the reply. A couple years ago I could have sworn it was a rule at USC, as it is with AFI, but maybe I'm all mixed up.

sunguitar

I havent heard anything yet? Did you get an actual mailed letter, email or status update on USConnect?

While I am happy for anyone who gets in, I cant help wonder about the integrity of the process. I was on the orginial interview list and had a formal interview with a professor. However, it seems like they also just made phone calls after the formal interviews and called that an "interview". Ok if I wasnt selected, guess I'll apply again.
I never received an email from USC to inform me that they want to interview me. I got a call on October 2nd. They emailed me for asking my current address on October 10th and thenI found I can log in Camel. About the phone interview, I heard they used to do that before.

mhg08051

I check their USC site which, we have access to after applying, every day and have heard nothing since I updated financial aide and housing form over a month ago. I guess if I haven't heard anything to date, no interview, no emails, then I guess it should be safe to assume, a rejection letter is probably in the mail... :(

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• International Film Institute of New York
    5.00 star(s)
    The summer intensive film program at Sarah Lawrence was fantastic. We were taught by industry professionals, whom had many years of experience...
    • Ldc88
    5.00 star(s)
    I experienced the most incredible summer at IFI, and I wish I could relive it every day! however, since I cannot , I make do by taking what I...
    • Anonymous
    5.00 star(s)
    I have been engaged with filmmaking since the age of 9 and was searching for a course that could further my knoll which is not always easy to...
    • sgabor
    5.00 star(s)
    The Sarah Lawrence Filmmaker's Collective was the top experience I've had at a summer film program. Start to finish, their top priority was that...
    • sammaggs
    5.00 star(s)
    I went into this camp uncertain of what I wanted to do in college. When I finished the five week intensive program, I knew what I wanted to do for...
    • JacobNurse