USC MFA Fall 2014 (film & tv)

° C.L.?

Mine is too. I emailed admissions about it, just in case something might be missing from my application that is delaying it's review process, but they never responded. I'm not even trying to understand anymore...what is supposed to be, will be.
I didn't send that upseeeeeting email. I just sit down and wait, check my mailbox again again and again. If they reply, please let me know,!

Hey guys, just received my waitlist letter in the mail. I'm excited because if I'm reading this correctly, at worst I'll have a spot for Spring 2015. Congrats to everyone who's accepted or waitlisted!

Hi all, I received my official acceptance email on Monday. It read: "Congratulations on your admission to graduate study at the University of Southern California! Your official letter of admission is being sent to your current address."

Bit of a late bloomer. I'm a 34 year old international production applicant from Toronto. I completed my undergrad in film about 11 years ago. I've been working since then, and i've accomplished quite a bit here. But I'm so excited to be pursuing my dreams in LA where I hope to make my mark.

I wish everyone the best of luck. I know the feeing. The days, weeks, months leading up to now were terrifying. Stay strong and believe in yourself.

I am also a late bloomer myself! thas great congrats to you!

I've just received an email from admission, saying I've been put in the waitlist for fall 2014.
It says "if waitlist space does not become available, we will offer you a spot in our Spring 2015 class."

I don't know how waitlists work and I don't know how to deal with expectations.. Does it mean that, worst case scenario, I'm accepted for 2015??

YEP! Congrats! I was in the same situation for Spring 2013. So... you´ll be getting more info from them once the semester starts if you don't get a spot for Fall.

hey waitlisted people... i got an email regarding an event coming up regarding meeting other waitisted people. i live on the east coast and i don;t think i can afford the plane ticket... who else is going?

JFadley

Wait list letter came in yesterday w/ same info; spring at worst. This seems a common practice, so how many of us have been wait listed and then going off that how many were wait listed the semester previous? Why did you choose to wait it out if you were accepted?

G_F

Hi guys!

Just to let you know that I could log into camel this morning! I was surprised because I didn't hear from USC since I've submitted my application on November 30th (no interview). I didn't receive any official email or letter yet so I am still holding my breath until then.

It seems that they are still offering admissions for next fall! Good luck to all of you still waiting for decision, I am sure some more good news are to come!!

And congrats to those already admitted and waitlisted!!

BTW, I am an international student and applied to the production program.

Mate Boegi

Hi guys!

Just to let you know that I could log into camel this morning! I was surprised because I didn't hear from USC since I've submitted my application on November 30th (no interview). I didn't receive any official email or letter yet so I am still holding my breath until then.

It seems that they are still offering admissions for next fall! Good luck to all of you still waiting for decision, I am sure some more good news are to come!!

Hey, that is AWSOME news!!! I still can't login, but can really feel that only matter of hours before I can login as well! :) ... Where are you from??? What is your application status???

Exited!! Cause I'm international as well (Hungary)

Arijit

Hi guys!

Congratulations !!!!!!!! :) :)
Keeping fingers crossed here .

marcusheleker

hey, of those admitted, who plans on attending the admitted graduate student day event on April 4? it's probably time to start sorting out travel and accommodation.

G_F

Hey, that is AWSOME news!!! I still can't login, but can really feel that only matter of hours before I can login as well! :) ... Where are you from??? What is your application status???

Exited!! Cause I'm international as well (Hungary)

Thanks Mate! I am from Europe too, from France :)
Actually, I haven't check on my status at all during the whole process, but now it is:
  • YOU WILL RECEIVE NOTIFICATION OF YOUR ADMISSION DECISION ONCE YOUR DEPARTMENT HAS COMPLETED THEIR FINAL REVIEW. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE OFFICE OF ADMISSION PROVIDES FINAL DECISION NOTIFICATIONS BY LETTER ONLY.
I received an email today to let me know that the official letter of acceptance have been snail mailed to my current address.
I wish you luck with your application and I hope your will receive some good news soon too!

Arijit: Thank you! I keep my fingers crossed for you too! :)

JFadley

I plan on going to April event, anyone else? If so send me a PM so we can meet up and save on cab fare or figure out the public transit system before hand

Buusey

Hey all. So I'm assuming a status still in the "Your file has been forwarded to the..." phase isn't great news. This is also with no interview, no correspondence save for a missing transcript notification about 2 months ago, and no waitlist letter. Bummer.

I plan on going to April event, anyone else? If so send me a PM so we can meet up and save on cab fare or figure out the public transit system before hand
i wasn't going to go... i live on the east coast. I been traveling so much for all these interviews... I don't think i can afford the plane ticket... I know I want to go to USC though...

Fentonova

Hey mollycase,

I'm also from Toronto! Looking forward to meeting you in the fall. If you're open to joining me I sometimes I attend "Canadians in LA" events which sometimes involve watching hockey and eating poutine. :)

Find me on FB
www.facebook.com/sarajfenton

Hi all, I received my official acceptance email on Monday. It read: "Congratulations on your admission to graduate study at the University of Southern California! Your official letter of admission is being sent to your current address."

Bit of a late bloomer. I'm a 34 year old international production applicant from Toronto. I completed my undergrad in film about 11 years ago. I've been working since then, and i've accomplished quite a bit here. But I'm so excited to be pursuing my dreams in LA where I hope to make my mark.

I wish everyone the best of luck. I know the feeing. The days, weeks, months leading up to now were terrifying. Stay strong and believe in yourself.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews