Congrats to all those who are accepted and waitlisted!

I am worried about my decision. after interview on 14th of Feb I got an email on 20th of Feb from USC to complete financial support documents. I completed all those documents and after that I again got an email on 25th of Feb stating that my IELTS score is missing. I have resent it but I don't know whether it has reached there or not. After that no reply. I worry that I might have been rejected.

Where are you from?

Where are you from?

I am from India. I am in the state of confusion. My interviewer praised my submission 3 times in the interview and also told me to complete the application soon. after that I got email to complete the IELTS scores and financial support thing. Haven't received any decision yet. I just give up all the hopes.

I am from India. I am in the state of confusion. My interviewer praised my submission 3 times in the interview and also told me to complete the application soon. after that I got email to complete the IELTS scores and financial support thing. Haven't received any decision yet. I just give up all the hopes.

Hmmm, don't think you should worry that much, I didn't even have interview. :( ... What does your application status say?

Hmmm, don't think you should worry that much, I didn't even have interview. :( ... What does your application status say?

it says that my file has been forwarded to review etc. same as old status. I don't know. May be my IELTS scores are still missing and that may be the reason but I my instinct says that my application might have been rejected. I am unable to log in to camel2 link. I got access to that second link which have been posted recently. I have made up my mind for worst. I wish you best luck. Lets keep waiting.

it says that my file has been forwarded to review etc. same as old status. I don't know. May be my IELTS scores are still missing and that may be the reason but I my instinct says that my application might have been rejected. I am unable to log in to camel2 link. I got access to that second link which have been posted recently. I have made up my mind for worst. I wish you best luck. Lets keep waiting.

You're much farther away man. I didn't get the email, but did get a letter in the mail. Don't write it off till you know

Hi all, I received my official acceptance email on Monday. It read: "Congratulations on your admission to graduate study at the University of Southern California! Your official letter of admission is being sent to your current address."

Bit of a late bloomer. I'm a 34 year old international production applicant from Toronto. I completed my undergrad in film about 11 years ago. I've been working since then, and i've accomplished quite a bit here. But I'm so excited to be pursuing my dreams in LA where I hope to make my mark.

I wish everyone the best of luck. I know the feeing. The days, weeks, months leading up to now were terrifying. Stay strong and believe in yourself.

Hi
I m from India too... U say u got an interview call?
I havent yet reached tht stage :(
I didnt realize they were interviewing international applicants !!!

Hi
I m from India too... U say u got an interview call?
I havent yet reached tht stage :(
I didnt realize they were interviewing international applicants !!!

Yes, I was interviewed on 14th or 15th Feb. It was an informal interview. Which exam you have given .. tofel or ielts?? I wish you best luck!!

N
IELTS

Besides, tell me about you.. Is ur undergrad from a media background?

No my under graduation and post graduation both are nt from media background. I worked as an independent filmmaker for 3 years.

Hey Hw did you send your electronic ielts score? There is some sort of problem with me. British council is saying that they have sent my score but at the universities end , it's missing .

N

No my under graduation and post graduation both are nt from media background. I worked as an independent filmmaker for 3 years.

Hey Hw did you send your electronic ielts score? There is some sort of problem with me. British council is saying that they have sent my score but at the universities end , it's missing .
Oh cool...

I faced this issue for my AFI application... You need to regularly keep in touch with both British council and admissions dept.
First ask your BC rep. to directly mail the admission executive keeping you in CC stating that the scores were sent from their part. With this you have the mail as a proof of technical discrepancy in the transfer system
Usually its a server problem.
But the university doesnt claim responsibility even if there is a server problem.
You can then ask the Admissions executive, if they would accept a hard copy of the score, considering your circumstance.
AFI said ok to my request and I had BC send a hard copy via speed post. It reached in 3- 4 days.
And the whole drama ended !!
Moral - donot stop pestering them until you have the problem sorted. Cz its ur application at stake ! :)

Oh cool...

I faced this issue for my AFI application... You need to regularly keep in touch with both British council and admissions dept.
First ask your BC rep. to directly mail the admission executive keeping you in CC stating that the scores were sent from their part. With this you have the mail as a proof of technical discrepancy in the transfer system
Usually its a server problem.
But the university doesnt claim responsibility even if there is a server problem.
You can then ask the Admissions executive, if they would accept a hard copy of the score, considering your circumstance.
AFI said ok to my request and I had BC send a hard copy via speed post. It reached in 3- 4 days.
And the whole drama ended !!
Moral - donot stop pestering them until you have the problem sorted. Cz its ur application at stake ! :)

Ohh yah. USC already has my hard copy but they are still demanding electronic copy for their records. I have resent the request for the electronic scores . I also have provided bc. Email ids of USC so they might send scores on email ids besides regular server. Let's see Hw it goes. But am bit worried coz of it.

Ohh yah. USC already has my hard copy but they are still demanding electronic copy for their records. I have resent the request for the electronic scores . I also have provided bc. Email ids of USC so they might send scores on email ids besides regular server. Let's see Hw it goes. But am bit worried coz of it.
In that case keep both departments in loop while you are mailing a request for status update

MY application status is still in the first stage evaluation..............others have got offers...................i am worrying:(

Mine is too. I emailed admissions about it, just in case something might be missing from my application that is delaying it's review process, but they never responded. I'm not even trying to understand anymore...what is supposed to be, will be.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back