Congrats to all the accepted and waitlisted! Also waitlisted for fall and AD for spring here. Any ideas on the tuition plus room and living cost? Do we as grads get a chance on dorms or we have to think about renting outside campus? anyone up to renting?

Got my rejection email today, but before you feel sorry for me guys, I should tell you that USC is not my first choice ;) Best of luck to all of you, hope you will get into :)

Sorry about your rejection email, but hope you get into your first choice! USC isn't my first choice either, but can I ask you what program you applied for? I haven't heard back anything and I applied for screenwriting.

Hello everybody, congrats to all the accepted and waitlist!
I got the same waitlist for Fall and a secure sport for Spring 2014 in the MFA in Production.
I will be attending the Student Day on April 4th. I'm from Argentina but I live in Miami Beach, so I will
be flying to LA for the Student Day. Hope to meet many people there!

Awesome! I'm from Mexico!

i haven't received any emails at all except the one about the scholarship but that was back in February. So maybe this is a good sign? haha

I got a rejection letter today :( Congrats to those that made it. To those that tried several times and got accepted. What did you do differently? I think I need to build my portfolio and develop more as a filmmaker.

I got a rejection letter today :( Congrats to those that made it. To those that tried several times and got accepted. What did you do differently? I think I need to build my portfolio and develop more as a filmmaker.

That is exactly what you do... you should take some film production classes indpendently or try to get on as many sets as possible... also i think its more about what you want to say as an artist and being able to articulate your point of view... its all about good storytelling.

That is exactly what you do... you should take some film production classes indpendently or try to get on as many sets as possible... also i think its more about what you want to say as an artist and being able to articulate your point of view... its all about good storytelling.

It could be all of those things. But schools care about money; I think that plays an important part of it. Maybe I'm being bitter lol. I will admit that I didn't have much experience as a screenwriter when applying for this program, but I did it to try. I am most experienced as a short story writer, but something that everyone needs to know is that whatever school you go to doesn't determine how successful you are. It's about how you apply what you've learned to the business. I was accepted to another school, not as great as USC, but hopefully I will apply what I've learned there, as well as my social skills, to gain connections and make it as far as we all want to get in our lives. Congrats to the people who were accepted!

It could be all of those things. But schools care about money; I think that plays an important part of it. Maybe I'm being bitter lol. I will admit that I didn't have much experience as a screenwriter when applying for this program, but I did it to try. I am most experienced as a short story writer, but something that everyone needs to know is that whatever school you go to doesn't determine how successful you are. It's about how you apply what you've learned to the business. I was accepted to another school, not as great as USC, but hopefully I will apply what I've learned there, as well as my social skills, to gain connections and make it as far as we all want to get in our lives. Congrats to the people who were accepted!

I worked at a school for many years so I know how much they care about money, but I don;t think itts the amount of money you can pay. if it was that.... I wouldn't get in anywhere! lol they do care about money but they don't care where it comes from either. But you are right... just cause you go to school doesn;t mean you will be sucessful. I have debated back and fourth weather or not to go to school at all because its so expensive and you don;t need to go to school to be sucessful in this buisness... so... I say.. things happen for a reason. This didn't happen for you guys but it might be leaving room for something better.

I was rejected today from the screenwriting program :( But I have been accepted to NYU and Chapman, so now its time for decisions. I really thought if NYU accepted me, USC would as well.

How are all of you getting your rejection letters? An email or a letter. I haven't heard anything back, so I am just want to know and get it over with!

This is my 2nd waitlist... i was kinda just wanting to be accepted, but I'll take what I can get...
Hey Ilovefilms did you reject your waitlist option for Spring 2014? or is it a consecutive waitlist even after accepting your waitlist position on Spring'14
I am not aware of how the waitlist queue works.. so wanted to know whether "spot in the next Spring" could mean a consecutive waitlist / guaranteed admit.

Hey Ilovefilms did you reject your waitlist option for Spring 2014? or is it a consecutive waitlist even after accepting your waitlist position on Spring'14
I am not aware of how the waitlist queue works.. so wanted to know whether "spot in the next Spring" could mean a consecutive waitlist / guaranteed admit.

I was waitlisted last spring. When a spot didn't open up they told me i could reapply for fall for free. I was then waitlisted again but this time they told me I would be adminted for the spring 2015 if a spot didn;t open up for fall...

I got my rejection from snail mail today :( I figured if I was in I would have known by now, but no worries, USC was not my first pick! Good luck and congrats to everyone who got in :D

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back