USC MFA Film and Television Production Fall 2018

MFAman

Alright. Searched for this thread and found nothing so I created one. USC Film and TV Production MFA for Fall 2018. Interviews should start in a couple weeks. Anyone hear anything?

MacAndEs

Hate to chime in here but could a screenwriting MFA applicant also keep tabs in this thread? Super excited to hear back from USC!

lianlee

i have just checked my vimeo, and i have found out i got two views from California (most likely from the school) on January 13th. Both of them watched my short film completely. No interview notifications yet.

GoAndLoveSomeMore

Hello! I’ve been lurking around these boards since I started working on my applications last December. Finally got the courage to post! We’re in for a few bumpy weeks/months, but at least we are in it together! :)

Last edited:

TreeYoung

Hello all!! My anxiety is through the roof. I've been looking through this forum for a year and a half and finally decided to make a profile. I'm hearing interviews start this week.. Is this true?

TreeYoung

@GoAndLoveSomeMore A friend of a friend works there and told me.

I have a quick question.

Can a good portfolio overshadow my gpa? I can't go back in the past and fix my grades, but hopefully it won't affect me too much...

Any advice?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yang Fei

i have just checked my vimeo, and i have found out i got two views from California (most likely from the school) on January 13th. Both of them watched my short film completely. No interview notifications yet.
Why there is still no view on my vimeo?? I'm really upset!!

Yang Fei

@Yang Fei I only have one view all the way through on my link that was embedded in another website, which I'm guessing was Slideroom! Who knows? I'm over analyzing everything!
I got the vimeo plus so I can see the source, but no one from slideroom... and the only one view is in November, so I guess mine hasn't been viewed yet.

Yang Fei

I still do not get any views from slideroom :( The first thing I do when I wake up is to check my emails and vimeo...

Ram GM

Hey guys I'm super excited this is my first yr of applying...the USC SCA application page lists that the deadline for applying to the SCA scholarships is Feb 5th. But since we have already applied to the relevant Scholarships on Slideroom while applying, do we need to do this one again?! @MFAman @lianlee @GoAndLoveSomeMore

MFAman

@GoAndLoveSomeMore Yes, it looks like someone in MFA production received an interview notification two days ago. If that person is an international applicant, then there is still plenty of hope. If not...yikes!
I'll call tomorrow, and see what I can find out (though, it's possible I might forget).

As someone who graduated from USC with honors with the name Bryan Singer on their diploma, I do feel the least the school can do is give me an interview before they throw everything in the paper shredder. That might sound entitled, but I own it, and have already been rejected a previous time.

Like I always say, I hope we all are accepted - seriously.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews