1. The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered. (It's free!)

USC MFA Film and Television Production Fall 2018

Discussion in 'Graduate Film School Discussions' started by MFAman, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Xylo

Xylo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello fellow applicants! I had my interview with USC today. It was a casual conversation about my essay, video submission, and what I'm interested in as a filmmaker. According to the 2017 spreadsheet they don't send out decisions until April... so there's still time!

2. GoAndLoveSomeMore

GoAndLoveSomeMore Member

Ratings:
    +0
    @Xylo that's awesome!!! Congrats!

3. Xylo

Xylo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you!

4. GoAndLoveSomeMore

GoAndLoveSomeMore Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope you're all hanging in there! :)

5. TreeYoung

TreeYoung New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    @GoAndLoveSomeMore i am STRESSED out lol. I feel like I think about this every second of the day and in my sleep. How are you?

6. GoAndLoveSomeMore

GoAndLoveSomeMore Member

Ratings:
    +0
    @TreeYoung I'd say about the same! I have productive distractions... but I'm feeling distracted from my distractions even!

7. DONGREN

DONGREN New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I heard from a current student that all of the applications will be sent and viewed by different professors, so that might be the reason why USC usually sends the interview notification on different days.

8. Sunmin Inn

Sunmin Inn New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hey Guys!

Im also an applicant for the Tv & Film Production program. Nice to e-meet you all!

I thought that USC TV/Film production MFA didnt hold interviews and I have a feeling that I saw on one of the emails or during the application procedure that they dont do interviews.

I also didnt see any information or notification right after applying about this anywhere! Im completely bamboozled haha

Do all people that are seriously being considered get interviews? Or do some get accepted without them? (I saw that some got accepted without interview on last years spread sheet, but noticed they had applied for the spring semester instead of fall, which might be the reason why)

Looking forward to hearing back from you guys!

- S

9. Alok N R

Alok N R New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Guys!

Im an international applicant myself. Even Id heard they dont do interviews. But strangely one of the faculty contacted me for a skype call. He assured me the conversation was just to 'get a feel of me as a person'. It most definately wasnt an interview and he said that the skype call woulndt have any bearing on my admission process. So I dont really know what to make of it. We chatted for half an hour and that was that.

This was on the 31st, He said I ll get the results in 3-4 weeks so thats arnd first week march.
    Hope I was of some help. Anyone had similar experiences ? Would love to hear.

10. Adrien Levy

Adrien Levy New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Hi everyone !
    I also am an international (from France) and got interviewed about 2 weeks ago. The man i spoke with was really nice to me, really interested, but did not tell me that the interview wouldn't have any bearing on my application. I enrolled in two summer program last year, so I talked about the things i liked about the school etc...

Cannot wait for the final answer, really stressed out !!!

11. Yang Fei

Yang Fei New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone else hear from USC? According to the Google Sheet, there are still lots of people who didn't get interview notifications, which is really different from last year. Fingers crossed. Hope to know more information from you guys.

12. TreeYoung

TreeYoung New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    USC reached out to me yesterday about doing an interview via Skype, and my interview is today....
    #fingerscrossed.

• Congratulations! Congratulations! x 2
  13. gxshi

gxshi Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Also got an email this morning from a USC professor asking to Skype! For those who have already had their informal conference calls any advice/example of questions they asked?

For those still waiting to hear it definitely seems like the invitations/calls are staggered and coming out at an inconsistent rhythm so keep ya head up and check those emails!

14. TreeYoung

TreeYoung New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I had my interview with USC today, and I can definitely say it wasn’t that bad.

15. foolishmortal26

foolishmortal26 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys! I am an idiot and somehow forgot to create my youSC account. I just created it and of course I don't have any emails or anything. For those who had an interview, did they contact you through that account or contact you through the email you listed on the application? I'm probably going to call them today when I have a spare minute to check with them.

16. foolishmortal26

foolishmortal26 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am an idiot and somehow forgot to create my youSC account. I just created it and of course I don't have any emails or anything. Did they contact you through that account or contact you through the email you listed on the application?

17. Jonda

Jonda New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They contacted me through the email provided on my application.