USC - MFA Film Production - Fall 2012

JKL

Hi, JKL again. I got bored, and I noticed that no one started a thread on USC's film production program. I applied and am waiting anxiously. I hope there are more of you out there, and I wish to keep posted! And best wishes to all!

R. Sid

Yup. I am thinking about putting in an application to Chapman as well. That will keep me distracted I hope.

JKL

Based on last year's forum, people have started getting interview notifications as early as the second week of February, which would be this week for us. Any time now!

Originally posted by stevent:
any phone interviews happening? i got some hits on my vimeo page today...
So did I. I'm thinking that was them which is good news I guess, I mean at least they're starting to look right? Good luck!!

tsroach

Originally posted by stevent:
any phone interviews happening? i got some hits on my vimeo page today...
As with patchkidco, I too noticed some hits on my Vimeo today! It appears they looked at multiple of my posted videos, not just the one I summited. Same for you guys?
Good luck everyone!

Hello, there! I applied for Stark, not F/TV Production. But I just wanted to wish you all the best of luck! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Aglick

USC is indeed stirring! Got a call tonight. For all of you who are wondering "what questions" and "how to prepare," don't. The interview was very conversational and situational. They're looking simply to get a sense of who you are and whether or not your material accurately represents you. You don't need to be a cinephile or anything. Just be happy to get the call, be honest about everything (I know everyone says that but it's very true, nothing you say will impress them, they've heard it all, they're looking for character) and the rest will fall into place... Good luck all.

Hey! I applied for the program as an international student. I have my interview today...AHH! How good of a sign is this? Should I lean toward acceptance or is there still a huge chance I may not be admitted?

Good luck to all and I'll let you guys know how it went today!

tsroach

Congrats,Mexicanafilm (good luck in your interview!) and Aglick! While it doesn't confirm you will be accepted, based on last years topic thread, it should help you sleep better at night.

Sadly, for me, all I have noticed is my video views. I'm trying to take comfort in the fact someone watched multiple of my videos, not just the one I summited.

Gotta keep positive and Good luck everyone!

I got an email sent. But maybe that's just because I'm in México. And yeah there was no way to prepare.

Good luck to everyone!!

For those of you that got interviews-are you Stark applicants or Production applicants? I was under the impression that Film /TV production didn't do interviews but maybe I was mistaken...

Latest Applications

Latest reviews