USC - MFA Film Production - Fall 2012

Antelope9

Originally posted by ffranks:
is it true that you have to prepare 4-8 hours and ACT in two scenes to be filmed in first semester 507??
No, that's not a part of 507. You may partake in some on-camera exercises as an actor, but they're very minimal. There's no required acting in any of the graduate program. In later classes, my prof. brought in outside actors, or you're able to bring in your own actors for your projects.

Antelope9

Originally posted by secret_riddle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fishoil:
@hopeful_filmmaker Thanks for responding. Do you remember reading about needing to do well in your first semester or else you will be kicked out?
My letter said my acceptance to fall 2012 was conditional on my academic performance remaining consistent from now until the end of my undergraduate degree.

In other words, if my marks fall significantly before I give them my final transcripts, they have the right to revoke my offer of admission.

It said nothing explicit about my first semester grades in the program. Although, as I understand it, the MFA program requires at least a 3.0 average in order to continue. That's about a B. So it would seem everyone will be held under that level of academic scrutiny. It's not just you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right, it is a formality. I'm a third semester student. While you do need to maintain that GPA, it's not difficult. In the orientation, the faculty mentioned that grades do not matter in the professional world.

Sebaldian

Well I have declined their offer of admission. Hope this helps someone out. I called and requested an extension on their decision deadline because I haven't heard back from their financial aid office and I still have other campuses to visit, and they wouldn't grant me an extension. They just acted like they didn't want me. After I was accepted I sent an email to the professor who interviewed me asking some questions and I never heard back... Bad vibes from USC. I guess they just expect me to hand over 150K in blind faith for an MFA. What a joke!

Latest Applications

Latest reviews