USC MFA Film & TV Production Spring 2022 (2 Viewers)

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Guys, received decision notification today. It's my first time applying and unfortunately, haven't made it. Congratulations to the one's who got into.
Sorry to hear! Be sure to add your application to our database when you can. Are you applying again?

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member

ScriptToScreenDream

Supporter+
I didn't get in either :(
so I applied for the first time for spring 2021 and got interviewed and waitlisted (which was great and exciting!). but for my fall 2021 and spring 2022 applications, i've been outrightly rejected/not offered admission. I don't understand what's going wrong. Is it really just a numbers game? Also, I was interviewed for spring 2022 and the interview lasted for 40minutes. For fall 2021 rejection, I was told to expand my portfolio. I worked all year to prove that I did. Then I was told to expand my portfolio again after spring 2022. I'm prepping a lot of work but they won't be finished before Nov 15th :(

i'm feeling discouraged but i don't know how to be what they're looking for. anyone have any advice or encouragement? thank you

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Sorry to hear! Be sure to update your application to help others.

I'm sure they get a ton of applicants.

i'm feeling discouraged but i don't know how to be what they're looking for. anyone have any advice or encouragement? thank you

Start a thread in our new forum here:

Hopefully you can get some good advice there. Keep trying though! Don't give up!

Consuelo J

so I applied for the first time for spring 2021 and got interviewed and waitlisted (which was great and exciting!). but for my fall 2021 and spring 2022 applications, i've been outrightly rejected/not offered admission. I don't understand what's going wrong. Is it really just a numbers game? Also, I was interviewed for spring 2022 and the interview lasted for 40minutes. For fall 2021 rejection, I was told to expand my portfolio. I worked all year to prove that I did. Then I was told to expand my portfolio again after spring 2022. I'm prepping a lot of work but they won't be finished before Nov 15th :(

Hey don't give up. You're making progress and i kinda believe you'll make it soon or later.

WriteLife

Supporter+

Sorry, you didn't get in. I felt discouraged as well. My advice is to look for some applications that say accepted and attending. Look for some people who have been in school for a year or two. Reach out to a few and ask them if they would be willing to review your application materials. If they would serve as a mentor of some sort. Generally, schools also have what is considered public information: you could probably get a roster from the school if you can't find anyone on here to help. I'm sure someone would be willing to help you. Good luck to you! Also, try another school... USC isn't the only game in town. UCLA app is not due for a month. Send the packet you just sent to USC and see what other schools still have apps for next fall open. Good luck to you!

Consuelo J

Is there anybody else who hasn't received a notification yet...? o_O I haven't heard anything, no rejection, no interview. It's kind of torturing......

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Student Films Made at Film Programs

A248
Views
Reaction score
An artist invites an especially harsh critic to her studio for an exclusive preview of her latest work.
Film Program
Loyola Marymount University
Course
PROD 550
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Horror
Duration/Running Time
6:01
Film Completion
May 1, 2019
A248
Views
Reaction score
In the midst of a global pandemic, a very paranoid vampire orders contactless food delivery.
Film Program
Course
PROD 685
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Comedy
Duration/Running Time
1:24
Film Completion
Aug 1, 2020
A248
Views
Reaction score
An exploration of the history and modern day importance of postcards.
Film Program
Course
PROD 670
Film Type
Thesis Film
Genre
Documentary
Duration/Running Time
17:31
Film Completion
May 1, 2021

Users who are viewing this thread

• Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
    For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
    Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications