USC Peter Stark 2018 Fall applicants

Hi Everyone!
I know it's a little early but wanted to reach out and see if anyone was planning on applying to the USC Peter Stark program for fall of 2018?! I know I am and was wondering if anyone else was!
I'm also thinking of applying to the UCLA one but USC would be the number one for sure. :)

Hi Everyone!
I know it's a little early but wanted to reach out and see if anyone was planning on applying to the USC Peter Stark program for fall of 2018?! I know I am and was wondering if anyone else was!
I'm also thinking of applying to the UCLA one but USC would be the number one for sure. :)

Hi Sierra!
I'm glad you started a thread! I was about to start one today. I am also applying to Peter Stark 2018 as well as to the DGA's Assistant Director Trainee Program as a fall back

Hey! I am also applying the the Peter Stark 2018 program. I am also applying to UCLA and UNCSA!

Anyone have any advice on how to structure the extra bit they want at the end of the resume for travel, artistic experience etc?

Anyone have any advice on how to structure the extra bit they want at the end of the resume for travel, artistic experience etc?

I just added two or three more sub sections of my resume for travel and experience and whatever else it asked for highlighting the places that I have traveled to, not in too much detail but easy to read and stuff
My resume for the application is 2 pages now instead of one

@sierraskis I'm working on my application as well and was wondering if you actually wrote a bit about your artistic experience/travels etc or just kind of put down bullet points. I'm still trying to figure out how to structure everything! Thank you :)

Also, this might be a stupid question, but what is the difference between artistic experience and creative projects? At least in my case both seems pretty similar :(

Last edited:
@sierraskis I'm working on my application as well and was wondering if you actually wrote a bit about your artistic experience/travels etc or just kind of put down bullet points. I'm still trying to figure out how to structure everything! Thank you :)

Also, this might be a stupid question, but what is the difference between artistic experience and creative projects? At least in my case both seems pretty similar :(

Its more in bullet point form with a little bit of description, I also don't have a ton to say about my travels anyway other than where and why I traveled to those places. I think artistic and creative are sort of the same, I made mine the same category pretty much...good luck!!

@sierraskis Ok great that's kind of what I did, too and I'll probably combine "artistic experience" and "creative projects" and just do my best (although I really don't like having only half of the second page filled :()
Thanks! Good luck to you too! :)

If we've submitted the application, how soon do we need the LoR and transcripts to come in? When should interviews happen?
Also, how does Stark feel about non-film applicants?

I've been hearing that about 400 people apply for the 25 spots and competition is INSANE!

@sierraskis @Anja Yeah I just listed out my travels as a list of countries I've been to. I feel like Artistic Experience is more general and Creative Projects is more for specific things i.e. filmography if you have any. Just a guess really but thats how I think I'm going to structure it.

@Citizens Your transcripts etc have to be postdated (in the mail) by the 15th so as long as you order them before then it should be ok. As for non-film applicants, it is my understanding that they aren't necessarily looking for people with film experience and in previous threads I saw some people thinking having too much experience hurt them as they are already in the industry. I think just give them the best picture of what you do have to offer and why you want to be a part of the industry.

@Keegan Thanks! That’s a good thought, that artistic experience is a little more general. I think I’ve filled everything out now and am happy with my CV/resume. Still not sure if it’s good enough but I’ve tried my best :)

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back